Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who wants a night out in Perth

Who wants a night out in Perth

Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

leggy53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who wants a night out in Perth

not ariving until 24th november, but would defiantely would love a nightout shortly after arriving... joondalup, perth whichever.

If you've already had it fine but pencil me and OH for the next one.

Re quality of the night out in Joondalup, really cannot be much worse than drinking in Blackpool for the last 20+ yrs, but would be easier to crawl back home from there (staying in Currambine on arrival)

nights out / alcohol abuse always a grand old way to get to know each other and brwak the ice, so definately worth the effort to do either perth or joondalup.

god this feels weird discussing nights out in Oz from my living room here!!!!!!

pete
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Come on then Irishfamily, you have been here longer than some of us that want a night out in Joondalup, so I nominate you to be the organiser By the way it was great meeting you today hope to see you again on weds.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:29 am
Just Joined

bek1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in I'm up for a night out! I don't mind where
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:33 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

U better at organising things than me LO
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:51 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

Moon & Sixpence/Murray St - Perth City ??
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:53 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

I hate the bloody moon and sixpence it is so dull and dark and the last time i was there fights broke out ever were so thats a no 4 me
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Nope not for me either Im afraid, I was thinking somewhere more central like Joondalup, where I can get a train or bus to and from the venue.

Sharon, I organise the civilised afternoon coffee meets, you can be the one to organise the rowdy evening craic!!!

See ya weds.xx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:15 am
Just Joined

bek1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I only know Northbridge and the centre,can't make any suggestions outside of there I'm afraid.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:57 am
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Only just read this, not been on here for a while! Did any nights out actually get arranged? Does anyone fancy a night out in January? I wouldn't mind coming up to Mindarie for it, the Boat is a great place for a drink! Although it would be cheaper for me to get home from Northbridge / Murray Street?!?!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ya, No nothing got arranged regarding Joondalup area anyway, maybe after xmas. A few of us went on a booze cruise organised by Vicky 75 and that was a good laugh, around 40 of us girls, would definately put your name down for that if she does it again. Have a great xmas and hopefully we can all organise a night out for 2009.!!x
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:50 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi ya, No nothing got arranged regarding Joondalup area anyway, maybe after xmas. A few of us went on a booze cruise organised by Vicky 75 and that was a good laugh, around 40 of us girls, would definately put your name down for that if she does it again. Have a great xmas and hopefully we can all organise a night out for 2009.!!x
Cheers Yanchep! I noticed yesterday that there was a thread about the booze cruise, I should have been keeping an eye on Expats! Count me in for the next 1.

How you getting on? Settling in nicely by the sounds of it
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep Im surprised how quick we have settled really, England seems like another lifetime.

We loved the first rental we saw and got it, loved the first car we saw and bought it, furnished the rental with great stuff we found, our little boy loves his school and has made some great friends, I have met some great girls, we have a lovely kitten that sooo suits our madhouse

The only thing that didnt go according to plan was that hubby was still looking for work 3 months on, but last week he was offered 2 jobs to start Jan 5th, so fingers crossed he now has a job

Sometimes I worry about how things have fallen into place so easily but hey Im not going to worry about it as I am just enjoying that for once life seems to be on our side!!!

How bout you guys, howz it been since you moved here and are you loving it.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:25 pm
Loving Perth!

Originally Posted by yanchep
Yep Im surprised how quick we have settled really, England seems like another lifetime.

We loved the first rental we saw and got it, loved the first car we saw and bought it, furnished the rental with great stuff we found, our little boy loves his school and has made some great friends, I have met some great girls, we have a lovely kitten that sooo suits our madhouse

The only thing that didnt go according to plan was that hubby was still looking for work 3 months on, but last week he was offered 2 jobs to start Jan 5th, so fingers crossed he now has a job

Sometimes I worry about how things have fallen into place so easily but hey Im not going to worry about it as I am just enjoying that for once life seems to be on our side!!!

How bout you guys, howz it been since you moved here and are you loving it.
I wouldn't say its been easy but definitely enjoying it. We brought a car after the 1st couple of weeks, its old but will do for now... I accepted the 1st job I was offered & knew from the start that it wasn't going to be long term... we struggled to get an apartment, after 5 weeks we got the 3rd 1 we applied for, again its not long term but will do us for the 1st 6 months!

Things are improving each day, we have good neighbours, our shipping boxes have arrived & we have furnished the apartment with stuff that we will be able to keep so it feels more like home. I have a job to go to in the new year and will hopefully be able to afford a decent car now. And even though James couldn't get a job doing the same thing, he has now done what he's talked about for years and changed his profession

Most days are great, even the hard times are easier to handle as we know it would have been so much harder back in the UK. Its easier to be out of work for a few weeks when you can go to the beach for free!
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi, I'd be up for a night out in Jan. Think The Boat at Mindarie is a great place - transport permitting.

Yanchep - chuffed your hubby has sorted out a job - that must be a load off. Whats happening with the coffee mornings after Xmas - what about the big park at Wanneroo as the kids are off?
Mand-Jim - you also seem like your settling nicely. It takes time, but as they say in WA - wait awhile - it will happen.

Have a great Christmas
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi carolinemarie,

Yep I would be up for the boat at mindarie but like you say transport is a big big problem here, taxis are soooo crap they just never turn up, I reckon if I am going to have a night out it will have to be in Joondalup purely for the reason I can get a train or bus in and out and know I can get home.

We are soooo made up Clive has got a job now, 3 months without money coming in just aint funny

When xmas and new year is over I reckon a meet up at wanneroo park is a must we will have to text people and put it up here on the forum, mind you thats if I can get a lift there as well, hopefully Derry or Kalitta will be up for it and I can tag along with them.

Have a great xmas and new year and I will see you in 2009.xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.