Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who sends med. reports to adelaide?

who sends med. reports to adelaide?

Old May 15th 2003, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default who sends med. reports to adelaide?

As my husband works in Turkey we have had to do all of our immigration stuff here via lawyer in Brisbane onto Adelaide Skilled Centre.

We are going for our medicals on monday but the doctor has said that she forwards all of the med. reports to the Embassy in Ankara. Apparently they then forward onto Adelaide.

Can anyone else tell me what they did with their medical reports?
Old May 15th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi debsy,

I can not think of any reason why the reports should go to the embassy in Ankara first. All this will do is make the process slightly longer and increase the chances of things getting lost.

Here in the UK some people have had the meds (and X-ray report and films) sent on to Adelaide by their GP.

The majority though have had these documents handed back to them by the GP and have then sent them direct to ASPC themselves.

We sent the documents off ourselves and had the peace of mind that comes with sending them by registered mail and tracking the journey via the internet.

Assuming that you have paid for the meds then the report is your property to do with as you please. As long as the envelope is sealed and stamped and received at Adelaide untampered, then my advice would be to ask for the documents to be returned to you and send them direct to ASPC.

Regards

Bill

Last edited by Sindy; May 15th 2003 at 2:29 pm.
Old May 15th 2003, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Bill
yes I was also worrying about them getting lost
I will send them by dhl as the postal service here is a nightmare and they have to be back by 17 june.

I have also got to get police reports from cyprus as we lived their previously - what a nightmare!

Shame i did not stay in chigwell!
Old May 15th 2003, 8:25 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who sends med. reports to adelaide?

Originally posted by debsy
As my husband works in Turkey we have had to do all of our immigration stuff here via lawyer in Brisbane onto Adelaide Skilled Centre.

We are going for our medicals on monday but the doctor has said that she forwards all of the med. reports to the Embassy in Ankara. Apparently they then forward onto Adelaide.

Can anyone else tell me what they did with their medical reports?
Doctor maybe doesn't know the system. There's a lot of confiusion about X-rays too.

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The embassy dont seem to be very clear on the subject either - lets hope they dont get lost. It seems that we have been on the visa trail for years. First it took ages to get the skill certified as we had to do millions of job descriptions. Then we filled in the forms sent them off only to be told that they had changed and we to to fill in new ones. Two days before (may 2002) they were given in the points req. was increased by 5 points to 115 which we did not have so we either had to take the Naati translator test or get a aud bond of 100 thousand. We chose the latter as the Naati test takes ages. Phew! Looks like we are nearly there now - but you never know!!