Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who has ever stated a therad with a typo

Who has ever stated a therad with a typo

Old May 6th 2005, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has ever stated a therad with a typo

Originally Posted by Bix
I shall have to consult that Konghongalese lady of yours about that
So what exactly do you want to know about cooking loins? Grilled, roast, panfried, or baked in an aluminum foil envelope a la Jamie Oliver?

Mrs JTL
Old May 6th 2005, 9:51 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Its bloody annoying that you can't edit thread titles isn't it.

Thing is, I see these mis-typed thread titles, and they're actually funny, but then I read the thread and don't have the heart to take the piss out of the title because its happened to me a few times as well.

Come on BE sort it out!!!

Let us go back and change the title after we've posted it

Cheers,
JTL
Ask me nicely and I can do it for you Prblem is that it doesn't fix everybody's replies though ..... Maybe this should be in Site Feedback....
Old May 6th 2005, 10:10 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Bloody code monkey's - cause us techies more trouble than enough with seat of the pants coding
Only joking mate, I know what you mean though.
I thought it was us testers who put all of the bugs in the code It's always working when it leaves development

I once had a development manager accuse me of deliberately finding bugs I thought that was my job

Regards
Alistair
Old May 6th 2005, 10:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
I once had a development manager accuse me of deliberately finding bugs
Did you slap him?
Old May 7th 2005, 2:49 am
Badge

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Reminds me of having to hand wind a reel back to the start 'cos the tape drive had crashed.........
these young 'uns don't know how easy they have it!!!

I remember holidng the EAR leads in on my Spectrum to ensure the fast load games worked.

took me 3 years to realise removing the MIC leads prevented the screeching loading sound from coming out the speaker - drove my mum up the wall..

BM

Old May 7th 2005, 2:50 am
Badge

Originally Posted by nickyc
All production JCL was still on punch cards for some daft reason. Recipe for disaster when someone dropped the box...
Heard that before -sounds like a nightmare.

On the yearly appraisal -

" a good technician writes tight code but is useless, as
is clumsy and has a tendency to drop the box."

Badge

Old May 7th 2005, 3:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Eeee they were the good old days eh
They really were the good old days, at least for me

I used to deliver computers for a good living One van and a team of 5, and maybe a crane and a road closure, just to deliver one computer

Then they brought in the PC !!