Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who had or is having a leaving do ?

Who had or is having a leaving do ?

Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who had or is having a leaving do ?

We have decided the leaving party business is far too upsetting and when we finally get off to our new life, we will just say our goodbyes and wander off into the sunset so to speak

What did you all do or going to do, and what are your opinions?
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who had or is having a leaving do ?

We will be, having about 150 guests (hubby is from a big family)!
not sure if its a good idea or not!
kind regards
rach x
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We are going to have a good piss up as well

I agree that it will be very emotional but I prefer that to the day of departure at the airport
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Too right, we're not having people at the airport, far too emotional!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure... hubby is of the opinion that it'll be weird having all our family & mates together, plus we'll only get about 5 minutes with each person.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:21 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are having a huuge leaving do................160 friends and family, its gonna be very emotional but great fun too, people would never forgive us if we didnt have a party!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:31 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Same here. Huge party for huge family. Approx 170-200 guests. Numbers keep rising. :scared:

Going to take group photos for a collage for our new house down under.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We didn't have a leaving party. We said goodbye to people in groups and went to the airport on our own. The more people around the worse saying goodbye is. It truly was awful driving to the airport with all the kids sobbing.

I would personally try and keep things simple, as the kids tend to be affected by the goodbyes more than the adults!( well mine did anyway)
Old May 1st 2004, 6:46 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We had one ... booked at a hotel central enough for everyone got loads of flags and trimmed the function room, had a buffet and lots of music. We invited 85 people and everyone we invited turned up it was great. And the photos to look back on are fabulous
Old May 1st 2004, 8:11 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We had one. 200 people friends and family. It was a great night. There were tears and it was emotional but would not have gone without saying farewell to our friends.

Glad we did it have some great memories even if some are blurred after the amount we drank.

Jo
Old May 1st 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

We would be strung up if we didn't have one. I have 20 first cousins and all their partners and children not to mention all our friends and Johns business contacts. he had a 40th Party and just our friends came and that was 125 peeps. We are expecting around 250 and so we are going to book the school hall for our party and our local is doing the bar.
It will probably be very emotional but I will put disposible cameras on the tables and ask peeps to take lots of pics so we can keep them in oz.

sally
Old May 1st 2004, 11:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ovenater

It will probably be very emotional but I will put disposible cameras on the tables and ask peeps to take lots of pics so we can keep them in oz.

sally

What a great idea, wish we had thought of doing that
Old May 1st 2004, 12:09 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

We had one at a local pub and it was great - got abso;utely sloshed and so didn;t realise whe people were leavig so didn;t get upset.

Insisted no-one came to the sirport and that was defiately the right thing to do - sat in the bar having a celebratory bottle of 'poo instead of being all upset that we were leaving.

In fact, I only cried when leaving our little flat and as the place pissed me off no end because it was too small it seemed a sily thing to cry over!
Old May 1st 2004, 12:19 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

On a different party note, I had my 40th recently and felt rather embarrassed and a bit gutted that I didn't have time to chat to everyone during the evening, but after the event, mates weren't at all peeved and said it was to be expected really. That and the fact I was totally sh*tfaced!! Great to have a party though, well worth it. Crack on have a party!!!
Old May 1st 2004, 12:24 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I've thought about having a leaving party and decided against it, not for me but for my 12yr old son, who up to know has been looking forward to the whole Ozzy experience.
It will be a tearful event which I really don't want him getting upset about, and lets face it we are quite happy to be going and looking at all our relatives weeping and wailing when for most of the year we don't see them seems rather odd.
So I've warned them not to do anything as we are not party people and I hope they listen. I'd much rather go out for a meal or 2, and take out dad, nan and the in-laws. There is also a total ban of rellies at the airport, mum in law has already refused to go.

Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.