Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who goes to work?

Who goes to work?

Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Desperate 2 Go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who goes to work?

when granted a skilled visa and living out there do you have to get a job. Iknow you're not entitled to benefit but is it possible not to work. We are applying on my skills as a hairdresser because Ive more chance of being accepted than my husband. But having kids it would be better if he went out to work. Or should we just apply on his skills

This is wishful thinking I know but I had to ask!!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who goes to work?

Originally Posted by Desperate 2 Go
when granted a skilled visa and living out there do you have to get a job. Iknow you're not entitled to benefit but is it possible not to work. We are applying on my skills as a hairdresser because Ive more chance of being accepted than my husband. But having kids it would be better if he went out to work. Or should we just apply on his skills

This is wishful thinking I know but I had to ask!!!!!!
I you are granted a visa by applying for skilled independant, you could sit on the beach all day if you wanted to
It doesn't matter which if you applies, you both have the right to work but neither has to.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

OMG! Youve made my day So just 2 clarify I will apply 4 the visa but can stay at home but my husband still has the right to work?
If this is right its to good to be true
Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Youve made my day So just 2 clarify I will apply 4 the visa but can stay at home but my husband still has the right to work?
If this is right its to good to be true
Thanks
It's true!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Im in a panic now Ive been looking at the basic requirements and it says that u need to have been doing your nominated job for a certain lenght of time immediatly b4 you apply I havnt does that count me out or can I still get thru on points?
Thanks (again) :scared:
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:36 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Im in a panic now Ive been looking at the basic requirements and it says that u need to have been doing your nominated job for a certain lenght of time immediatly b4 you apply I havnt does that count me out or can I still get thru on points?

Sorry but it counts you out as you wont get points for your profession if you haven't been doing it
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

You need to supply referances if you work for yourself, and wage slips if you work for someone else. Stufff like that as proof of period worked. So if you don't have them for the period of time they want then you may need to hang on until you've got the experiance.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thats what I thought but on the points score it says u get points IF you have worked b4 u apply So I assumed u just wouldnt get the point if u havnt. Looks like we'll have to apply on my husbands trade.
Thanks 4 ur replies
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hello....may i say that you might get more response and answers to your questions if you post those types of enquiries in the immigration section.
As far as i am aware the working visa is for the applicant, i am not sure if it allows the partner to work aswell.?????? i would be interested to know the actual facts on that one too.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:02 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
This would be better on the immigration forum, as people over there are still looking in to the process of migration.
A skilled visa based on one persons skills does allow the other partner to work. I know this because we checked it out before we applied and although there is one main applicant, anyone included in the application can go to work/school etc..
As a hairdresser, have you checked the working abroad forum, there is a section for hairdressers in it, it may have some useful info in it for you.
Marie