Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airpets Oceanic - Pet Travel

Airpets Oceanic - Pet Travel

Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:49 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airpets Oceanic - Pet Travel

Hi there

Not too sure if any of you guys are thinking of booking Airpets to take out to either OZ or NZ your dog or cat but just incase you may want to think again or book Golden Arrow instead.

We left our dog at home for a few weeks and my mum took our dog down to the Airpets office at Heathrow for his flight out to NZ.

My mum has now since told me that she had grave concerns over leaving the dog but since his flight was booked and paid for decided to allow him to travel.

Her main concern was the lack of bedding (none) in the kennels for dogs required to stay overnight before their flight and also the fact that the Kennel Assistant said that they would only walk the dogs if they had time!!!! She advised that is wasnt common practice as they were normally very busy but she would try but couldnt guarantee anything.

Now, my dogs flight was over 24 hrs plus he was confined to a kennel 24 hours prior to his flight so surely a walk must be mandatory before his flight leaves if not at least the night before.

She did say that the staff were nice enough and very efficient and the place itself was very clean and clinical in appearance. The dogs kennels were also very dark with no natural light to talk about.

We are now back in the UK and alot of time has now passed but if I had known this I would not of booked Airpets to take our dog out to NZ.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:52 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airpets Oceanic - Pet Travel

Hello

My dog went with golden arrow, she was picked up by them and taken to Shropshire, so i didnt see the kennels, but she stayed there for 4 nights prior to her flight, and she also was not walked during this time.

Poor dog will not of had a proper walk for almost 36 days when she gets out of quarrantine next sat. She seems to be coping fine, but I am just glad that she is here with me in Aus, safe and sound.

So basically if you use Golden Arrow, they still dont get walked.

laura
xxxx
Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:13 pm
Sydney here we come!

hayley & alan is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of using Airpets to transport my cat 'Billy' to Sydney. Does anyone have any experiences of using them to transport cats??
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:22 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by hayley & alan
I was thinking of using Airpets to transport my cat 'Billy' to Sydney. Does anyone have any experiences of using them to transport cats??
I'd like to hear any good reports too!

Also PP posted this one for additional links

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285132

Merlot

Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:23 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Friends of ours used them for their cats and had no probs at all.

TBH my mum said they were very professional etc but its just the walking thing and no beds that go to me.

Never mind he is back with us in the UK now home and very well.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

I used Airpets Oceanic to bring over my dog and two cats in January this year and I found them to be very professional and caring.

It was planned that they would have a one night 'stopover' at their kennels before their flight the following evening, however, due to a last minute change with BA (nothing to do with Airpets), they had to stay a further night. I was already in Dubai at that point and as soon as Airpets were advised they contacted me in and informed me - I was not charged for the additonal nights board.

You should provide bedding for your pets during the flight, so mine went down with their own beds, which were used during their stay with Airpets and which were then transferred straight into their crates.

Although I did not witness it with my own eyes, Airpets did assure me that my dog would be exercised prior to the flight.

All of my pets arrived safe and very well.

Although Airpets are not the cheapest, I chose them because after receiving several quotes from different shipping companies, they seemed to be the most professional. Also, I was not sure about some of the boarding kennels and catteries some of the other agents were using. Some agents were quite happy to meet you at the Pet Reception Centre and just put them in their crates and send them on their way. As my pets had to travel a fair distance to reach LHR, I did not feel that tagging a 4 hour wait for the flight plus the 21 hour flight time, plus the transfer time to quarantine onto this was humane.

If you do a search on google groups for Airpets you will find lots of feedback there on them.

Louise