Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Originally Posted by Lymm Mover
Sadly we are still trying to sell
Us to we have sunday viewings but no-one came for the past 2

Well done for everyone who has sold and good luck to us all still trying
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:37 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

We're the same, no viewings, no offers
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAK
We're the same, no viewings, no offers
Where in South Yorkshire are you? My mum and dad are in Doncaster
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:47 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Where in South Yorkshire are you? My mum and dad are in Doncaster
Me too!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAK
Me too!
They are Armthorpe, the memories, I was there for the first 18 years of my life, was there last weekend for a family do at the Dome.

Good luck with the house sale
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:23 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

They are Armthorpe, the memories, I was there for the first 18 years of my life, was there last weekend for a family do at the Dome.

Good luck with the house sale
Thanks you too We are going to look at changing the mortgage so that we can rent it. We are tied into the one we have until the beginning December.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:09 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with OP - we were the same ! Viewing drought - then a flurry of activity and two offeres on same day!!
It will happen - just the waiting that kills you!! Good luck to all of you are waiting - keep the faith!!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rahrah
I agree with OP - we were the same ! Viewing drought - then a flurry of activity and two offeres on same day!!
It will happen - just the waiting that kills you!! Good luck to all of you are waiting - keep the faith!!
Will do thanks - we have just over 3 years left to get over there, some days we consider selling to a relocation company then come to our sences.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

we were meant to exchange today and as per normal someone in the chain is dragging there feet. Our solicitor has buggered off on holiday and i cant get any answers from anyone, its so bloody annoying. Shippers booked for next Tuesday so need to exchange asap. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or there will be one very p...ed of person here
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:20 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emma75
we were meant to exchange today and as per normal someone in the chain is dragging there feet. Our solicitor has buggered off on holiday and i cant get any answers from anyone, its so bloody annoying. Shippers booked for next Tuesday so need to exchange asap. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or there will be one very p...ed of person here
We had the same shananigans last week - should have exchange Monday, but didn't happen till Thursday! Then Buyers insisting on same completion date - Wanted to stall (like their solicitors did) but NOT that principled....just wanted that Sale TOO bad
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahrah
We had the same shananigans last week - should have exchange Monday, but didn't happen till Thursday! Then Buyers insisting on same completion date - Wanted to stall (like their solicitors did) but NOT that principled....just wanted that Sale TOO bad
Good luck!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

We went a full two weeks over our expected exchange date and it drove us mad

A house exactly the same as ours and on the same street as ours went up for sale just as the exchange date arrived. This house was put on the market for a starting price less than the offer we had accepted on our house! The buyer put the exchange on hold and we know for a fact they went to view the house as my wife knew the home owner in passing. However we also knew for a fact that the interior was nowhere near as good as ours.

Thankfully our buyer came back to us and was ready to exchange for the agreed price again when the buyers buyer started playing up. They were not happy with some legal documents not being in order and advised that if things were not clarified asap they would pull out

In the end it all happened very quickly, we exchanged and completed a week later, but it could have gone either way right until the moment we exchanged.

Was a close run thing, but isn't it always like that.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Really fed up today. For some reason we have not exchanged again. I have my OH on the phone daily asking whats going on, the people buying ours have been ready like us for weeks. The people buying there house were meant to be in a hurry and cash buyers, wheres the problem Cant move forward, get shippers in or book flights and OH has been in Oz three weeks now

Last edited by emma75; Sep 14th 2010 at 2:45 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:05 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

Really fed up today. For some reason we have not exchanged again. I have my OH on the phone dailya asking whats goinbg on, the people buying ours have been ready like us for weeks. The people buying there house were meant to be in a hurry and cash buyers, wheres the problem Cant move forward, get shippers in or book flights and OH has been in Oz three weeks now
I hope you hear good news soon
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAK
I hope you hear good news soon
Thanks i do too! Its just the not knowing when.

Emma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.