Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who does he think he is?

Wikiposts

Who does he think he is?

Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Oh so you are back at work PB, missed you on the weekend......
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sue5665
Originally posted by pommie bastard
I looked at my job in America and it pays twice the rate I earn in Australia as do most jobs , and house prices there are equal in dollars.

Well PB,
What are you waiting for, get off your backside and move to America.

Sue
Thanks for your advice we just may do that , Cornwall and WA are about the same sod all going on in both , I take you are on your way to Perth?

Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I was bred and born in Australia, so I am Australian. Don't matter where the blood came from.

I know what the OB is like, I have been there a few times. It is a great pub and I love it. It is easy for you, you are in walking distance.

And yes where I live we have up to 20 people here and most are in walking distance or 2 minutes up the road in the car.

I would kill for Fish & Chips, we can't get that here. BTW I did not like the F & C in UK, much prefer it is OZ. But would settle for it from there now
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grub
Please PTLabs- I know about free speech and stuff but surely you have allowed PB and TFS enough air space? They have no relevance to this web site and the genuine emigrants (like me) seem to spend their entire time fighting to get them off rather than talking about relevant migration subjects. Can I please aks again for a poll where we can choose whether we want them banned??
Forget that you have not got a visa yet , I am genuine emigrant who has lived here for a lot longer than you , have you ever grown up ? because you do not wish to hear some ones elses opinion ban them how open minded .

Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Forget that you have not got a visa yet , I am genuine emigrant who has lived here for a lot longer than you , have you ever grown up ? because you do not wish to hear some ones elses opinion ban them how open minded .

Now now, don't start on a bad note first thing Monday morning. Have you been bottling it up all weekend???
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:50 am
Banned

Originally posted by suebo
I was bred and born in Australia, so I am Australian. Don't matter where the blood came from.

I know what the OB is like, I have been there a few times. It is a great pub and I love it. It is easy for you, you are in walking distance.

And yes where I live we have up to 20 people here and most are in walking distance or 2 minutes up the road in the car.

I would kill for Fish & Chips, we can't get that here. BTW I did not like the F & C in UK, much prefer it is OZ. But would settle for it from there now
Sue you should never admit to having any Pom in you not the done thing , sorry I am not on top form I am choked up with the flu its doing the rounds here right now sod my luck golf day on wednesday I am sweating like a pig.

Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

PB, you would not want to move to the States, financially it is the worst move we have made. House prices are not the same, it is more expensive (and I am talking US$ no conversions). Shopping is more, the wages are lower. I.e for a secretary they start at $9/h. I know I was earning $17 when I was there. My hubby is on considerably less than what he was in Perth and he is an Engineer. Shop assistants $6 - $8/h So all round the wages are cr@p. and the cost of living is more.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue you should never admit to having any Pom in you not the done thing , sorry I am not on top form I am choked up with the flu its doing the rounds here right now sod my luck golf day on wednesday I am sweating like a pig.

Hey my hubby is a Brit, so can not admit to not having any POM in me...............................

Oh dear, going to miss the golf game, does that mean you have to go to work. Do you work flexi time to have time off for golf??
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hope you feel better by Friday, they will miss you at the OB
Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:20 am
Banned

PB, you would not want to move to the States, financially it is the worst move we have made. House prices are not the same, it is more expensive (and I am talking US$ no conversions). Shopping is more, the wages are lower. I.e for a secretary they start at $9/h. I know I was earning $17 when I was there. My hubby is on considerably less than what he was in Perth and he is an Engineer. Shop assistants $6 - $8/h So all round the wages are cr@p. and the cost of living is more.

Had offers about $27 ph USD wife is a nurse her wage would be okay , house price to seem varie on location some cheaper some dearer depends on the state , fuel , beer are cheaper eating out is no dearer , second hand cars are more affordable having seen the super markets in the USA they leave the Perth ones standing .
Wages in Perth do not compare I am on half of the US figure and there are worse jobs around some here would pay me a third of the US wages.
Coming to Perth has set us back we have seen people around us increase their debts in order to stand still , great thing that line of credit spend today what you cannot afford to pay tomorrow.

Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:33 am
Banned

Hey my hubby is a Brit, so can not admit to not having any POM in me...............................

Oh dear, going to miss the golf game, does that mean you have to go to work. Do you work flexi time to have time off for golf??

Can flexi it off but have a few holidays to get rid of , the management here do not keep track on people so its case of do what you like .It will be 40c on Wednesday it will kill me off even if I was well , theres group of about 30 of us I am the only one who is not in the building trade , good group of lads .
18 holes 3 pints of beer and a meal $30 , the landlord of the moon and sixpence in Woodvale puts the beer and food on.

Old Jan 24th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, my hubby is British, incase you forgot. I have nothing against Poms. I am also a first gen. Aussie (Brit parents). 2FS might have strong points, but he lacks tact and is just down right rude. I am sure he must have some things he likes about OZ, but have not read any as yet. If he was that unhappy, he wouldn't have been there for 30 years (isn't that what you said 2FS).
AH-Cant think of ANYTHING-oh yes my wife and my mother-in-law-thats about it-rude no australian yep thats it. thas how u have to be-get it?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, my hubby is British, incase you forgot. I have nothing against Poms. I am also a first gen. Aussie (Brit parents). 2FS might have strong points, but he lacks tact and is just down right rude. I am sure he must have some things he likes about OZ, but have not read any as yet. If he was that unhappy, he wouldn't have been there for 30 years (isn't that what you said 2FS).
AH-Cant think of ANYTHING-oh yes my wife and my mother-in-law-thats about it-rude no australian yep thats it. thas how u have to be-get it? thirty years too long....
Old Jan 25th 2003, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
AH-Cant think of ANYTHING-oh yes my wife and my mother-in-law-thats about it-rude no australian yep thats it. thas how u have to be-get it?
You want to repeat that in English!!!!!