Who does he think he is?

Wikiposts

Who does he think he is?

Old Jan 14th 2003, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who does he think he is?

PB quotes:

Her UK wage sounds very low none of my family would get out of bed for less 30K in pounds per year , then again shes hardley well paid here either nearly 40k in dollars which could mean nearly 35k is hardley big money.

I quote:

You dirty, snobby little sh**bag. 30k- sorry PB- not everyone can earn that much- both of us have degrees and i only ever earnt over 30k when i was in recruitment. Where do you get off PB critisizing other peoples standard of living. Good job they won 'Millionaire' otherwise they would have to go down the Vincent de Paul wouldnt they PB- may as well start begging now.

Oh and Piss off while youre at it.

Lots of love and best wishes for a hijack free flight homw.

Grub
xxxx
Old Jan 14th 2003, 4:56 am
Magnetic Member

magnetman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who does he think he is?

Originally posted by Grub

Grub
xxxx
He he he! Gloves off, lets get PERSONAL! (chortle)

PS are you really leaving us PB? If so when and will you continue to post from the UK?
Old Jan 14th 2003, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

I`ve booked my ringside seat for this one!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

PB quotes:

Where do you get off PB critisizing other peoples standard of living.
Don't let him get to you, Grub. His style is pure provocation and he loves it when you walk straight in to his trap. Good on you for having a go though!
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Hate to say it, but I agree with PB on this one - skilled workers can usually earn near enough in £s in the UK what they can in $ in Aus...this is a fact I'm afraid. There may be exceptions but they only prove the rule....
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Grub, Hubby likes your style, he's found someone who talks his language!!!

Particularly the comment :
PB quotes:

Grub
xxxx
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Darling- I aim to please!!!!!!

(upper circle $10, ringside $45)

I thank you...................

Originally posted by mashiraz
Grub, Hubby likes your style, he's found someone who talks his language!!!

Particularly the comment :
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Devlin
Hate to say it, but I agree with PB on this one - skilled workers can usually earn near enough in £s in the UK what they can in $ in Aus...this is a fact I'm afraid. There may be exceptions but they only prove the rule....
I don't think there's much debate about that, Devlin...it was the "none of my family would get out of bed for less 30K in pounds per year " comment that started this thread, I suspect.
Old Jan 14th 2003, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if he thinks hes a cynical twat but he definately is
Old Jan 14th 2003, 10:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

PB quotes:

Her UK wage sounds very low none of my family would get out of bed for less 30K in pounds per year , then again shes hardley well paid here either nearly 40k in dollars which could mean nearly 35k is hardley big money.

I quote:

You dirty, snobby little sh**bag. 30k- sorry PB- not everyone can earn that much- both of us have degrees and i only ever earnt over 30k when i was in recruitment. Where do you get off PB critisizing other peoples standard of living. Good job they won 'Millionaire' otherwise they would have to go down the Vincent de Paul wouldnt they PB- may as well start begging now.

Grub
xxxx

So you have earned over 30k in pounds thats amounts to over 100k in dollars with the tax rate here and exchange rate ,try and get that in Australia no chance at all , even though you maybe worth it .
You are yet again talking though the wrong orifice what I have pointed out to you time and time again wages here are very poor and the amount you quote your sister earns is rubbish even in Australia .
Seeing that you have rambled on about Hillarys in Perth new blocks of land are going on sale now average price 500k ASD add the same again or more for building a house on it try borrowing that on 30k-40k ASD a year.
Before you tell me that you a million to bring with you if that is the case , I would tell you thank god that you earned it in the UK because you've no chance here.
I care not about you or familys standard of living either way,what I say to you is immigration is a tool to keep down wages and Australia knows that open your eyes .
Love and kisses PB.

Old Jan 14th 2003, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Devlin
What you do not seem to realise is that you can not convert money when you are moving to a different country. If you earn LB30,000 in UK, then expect to earn AUD30,000 in OZ. It P@##es me off when people convert. So what you expect to earn AUD75,000 coz you would earn LB30,000 in UK. It does not work that way.
What do you pay for a house in UK and what type would you get for it. What would you pay for a house in OZ and what type would you get for it. It all weighs out.
I live in USA and my hubby is earning less in US$ to what he would earn in AU$ (in Australia) and we are paying more for a house. Big deal, it is not all about the money, it is also for the experience. Grab a brain and wake up.

And PB.... not everone has to have a $500,000 house. You can pick up a $200,000 house in a really good area.
Old Jan 14th 2003, 11:03 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suebo
What you do not seem to realise is that you can not convert money when you are moving to a different country. If you earn LB30,000 in UK, then expect to earn AUD30,000 in OZ. It P@##es me off when people convert. So what you expect to earn AUD75,000 coz you would earn LB30,000 in UK. It does not work that way.
What do you pay for a house in UK and what type would you get for it. What would you pay for a house in OZ and what type would you get for it. It all weighs out.
I live in USA and my hubby is earning less in US$ to what he would earn in AU$ (in Australia) and we are paying more for a house. Big deal, it is not all about the money, it is also for the experience. Grab a brain and wake up.

And PB.... not everone has to have a $500,000 house. You can pick up a $200,000 house in a really good area.

What counts is what you have in your wage packet every week , a bigger house means bigger runing costs so you need a bigger income , there are as you Aussies call them dog boxes in Perth as else where.
Why would you move to America to earn less , I looked at my job in America and it pays twice the rate I earn in Australia as do most jobs , and house prices there are equal in dollars.
House prices go on location the arse end of the world (Perth)carries a lower range so what, wages are also lower, go Sydney its not far behind London
You have pointed out what I alreadly know Australia pays its work force less so house prices reflect that, I wish my pint was its nearly double the price of a UK one mores the pity , so its work double the hours to get pissed .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jan 14th 2003 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2003, 4:14 pm
2thick

Originally posted by pommie bastard
What counts is what you have in your wage packet every week ,
Rubbish - what counts is how much disposable income you have after you have paid for your (chosen) property, utilities, car and other 'non-discretionary' expenses.

2thick

Old Jan 14th 2003, 5:12 pm
Banned

Originally posted by 2thick
Rubbish - what counts is how much disposable income you have after you have paid for your (chosen) property, utilities, car and other 'non-discretionary' expenses.

2thick
Do not disagree but you need earn before you start disposing of it , earn little means your cloth is cut finer.
Nice to see you back good to hear your point of view , Grub is always on the look out for new gang members .

Old Jan 14th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I wish my pint was its nearly double the price of a UK one mores the pity , so its work double the hours to get pissed .
I think this logic is fairly representative of PB's efforts. He probably has some fair points but never gets them across because of gross exaggeration.

Unless, of course, he does spend all of his money on booze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.