Reload this Page >

White & CO for shipping

White & CO for shipping

Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough
Default White & CO for shipping

Hi
Has anyone used whites & co for shipping , we have them coming round today for a quote. Any info would be a great help.
Pippadee
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Re: White & CO for shipping

Daughter used them, in Southampton, almost 2yrs. ago, she did a lot of research, (she's research mad!). I was there the day they came to pack,
they appeared to be quite good, not that I'm experienced. Every thing went
ok! Just a small problem in Freemantle, but it was sorted. Hopefully it will be
our turn, one day, and probably, will contact them 1st for a quote.

Good Luck with the move. Regards Lin
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:39 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them to bring our things to Canada. They were not the cheapest but not the dearest. We bought two motorbikes with us that were to be crated and 'packed with care' as they were classics and one was a show winner. They arrived damaged and not in any packing whatsoever. Unfortuantely we didn't have it in writing that they would be crated so they wouldn't do anything. Other than that they were fine.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PIPPADEE
Hi
Has anyone used whites & co for shipping , we have them coming round today for a quote. Any info would be a great help.
Pippadee
We used them. The guy who came round to quote was knowledgeable and helpful. They weren't the cheapest or the dearest, but they seemed to know what they were doing. They turned up a couple of hours late on the packing day, but the guys were very quick and did a good job. Problems started at this end. No response to emails or requests to return calls, when I tried to find out when our stuff was due for delivery. Their agents at this end were pretty crap - could not give me a delivery date for my stuff, even though it had cleared customs. Originally, my stuff was to be shipped to Adelaide, but they sent it to Melbourne (they said it was to my advantage as it would get here quicker), but it didn't as it sat there for a few weeks. In summary, they were OK at the UK end, but didn't seem too interested once the stuff got here - I had to hassle the local agents more than I should have.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Id second that, great in the UK, crap here.
Angela

Originally Posted by Hills Boy
We used them. The guy who came round to quote was knowledgeable and helpful. They weren't the cheapest or the dearest, but they seemed to know what they were doing. They turned up a couple of hours late on the packing day, but the guys were very quick and did a good job. Problems started at this end. No response to emails or requests to return calls, when I tried to find out when our stuff was due for delivery. Their agents at this end were pretty crap - could not give me a delivery date for my stuff, even though it had cleared customs. Originally, my stuff was to be shipped to Adelaide, but they sent it to Melbourne (they said it was to my advantage as it would get here quicker), but it didn't as it sat there for a few weeks. In summary, they were OK at the UK end, but didn't seem too interested once the stuff got here - I had to hassle the local agents more than I should have.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster
Id second that, great in the UK, crap here.
Angela
Same here, but in Brissie, Great UK, too laid back and uninterested here.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

We used Whites.

Fantastic at both ends. Our quote included 10 weeks storage which was longer than other quotes we had had although in the end we didn't use it.

Nothing was damaged or missing. We have lots of antique books and I was terrified that an ornament left to my daughter by my late dad would be damaged. It is a one and a half foot high china angel with outspread wings - not even a hint of dust on it.

They did arrive late on the day though although they worked themselves silly and left on time.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

We used Whites over a year ago, no problems. We had a broken photo frame that's all and they paid up on the insurance no worries. No problems this end at Brissy either. Be prepared for a long wait for customs on the dock this end which is out of their control.

T