Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whingeing Poms article in The West

Whingeing Poms article in The West

Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whingeing Poms article in The West

http://www.thewest.com.au/20031209/n...sto116829.html
Old Dec 9th 2003, 5:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whingeing Poms article in The West

What is it about Brits and bare feet phobia?

Have they never experienced the bliss of twiddling one's toes in a fresh cow pat on a frosty morn?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
What is it about Brits and bare feet phobia?

Have they never experienced the bliss of twiddling one's toes in a fresh cow pat on a frosty morn?
Anyone whose been to Glastonbury must know the experience.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:29 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

If only Mrs S had discovered BritishExpats she could have reserved her 'whinging pom' comments for this site within the anonymity it affords rather than exposing her 'why can't everything be the same as I'm used to even though I chose to live in a foreign country' comments to the media. I bet she wishes they'd never sold it to the ABC, if only she'd known that any programme produced by the BBC would eventually find its way here. Mind you can hardly question her judgement for saying that Australians aren't internationally reknowned (sp.) for their sense of style, Italians maybe, Australians - no.

(note obligatory winking smiley to suggest I'm not being entirely serious)

Last edited by jayr; Dec 9th 2003 at 6:31 am.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Being able to go out barefoot is one of my great pleasures..I HATE SHOES!!!!

I gotta say though, that the kiwis are much better at it...you can shop in the supermarket barefoot and even have dinner at a restaurant without having to squeeze your feet into leather.

I will also add that it is much safer to do it down here as you dont get arseholes smashing bottles and glass in the streets!!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:12 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
If only Mrs S had discovered BritishExpats she could have reserved her 'whinging pom' comments for this site within the anonymity it affords rather than exposing her 'why can't everything be the same as I'm used to even though I chose to live in a foreign country' comments to the media. I bet she wishes they'd never sold it to the ABC, if only she'd known that any programme produced by the BBC would eventually find its way here. Mind you can hardly question her judgement for saying that Australians aren't internationally reknowned (sp.) for their sense of style, Italians maybe, Australians - no.

(note obligatory winking smiley to suggest I'm not being entirely serious)
Think you need to look a little closer, on top of that seemingly indifferent demeanour you will find:
Hats That Speak Volumes
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:18 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Think you need to look a little closer, on top of that seemingly indifferent demeanour you will find:
Hats That Speak Volumes
Think I'll take the Snowy River. Just returned from short trip to Snowy Mountains. Beautiful.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Someone called Jodiiiii is in another thread mentioning about this family and how Mrs Skeggs is a best friend and it was all taken out of context and please be kind to her in the forum after the program is shown in the UK etc.

OzTennis

The highlight of the article for me was the temperatures in the different WA towns mentioned to the side!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

oztennis where is the thread with the friend defending mrs skeggs , i cant find it ??? or am i not looking properly joanne
Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
oztennis where is the thread with the friend defending mrs skeggs , i cant find it ??? or am i not looking properly joanne
It's in one of the 2 threads on the Ch 4 program - one is on page 2 and the other is on page 3 at the moment. Can't remember which one there are stacks of posts to trawl through on both!

Look for jodiiiiii (I mightn't have the correct number of i's!)

OzTennis
Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:24 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

how dare she say anything negative about australia.

the aussies are so balanced and fair. they never complain, moan or whinge about anything and are particularly fair in their criticism of britain. they are also very good losers and sporting at all times.

this is outrageous and this women should be sent back and made to live in scotland until she sees the errors of her ways. people must learn to only say nice things about australia.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:25 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

on a related topic, who has ever met an australian in england and heard them complain about the weather????????? same thing applies if you dont like it you dont ahve to stay do you? i really dont see any point in slagging of the country you have moved to. you cant just have the good bits. you take the rough with the smooth and complaining in this fashion jsut seems churlish.