victory parade

Old Dec 8th 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default victory parade

just curious as to whether ozzie tv showed the victory parade today & what comments were made.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:01 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: victory parade

Originally posted by Mick
just curious as to whether ozzie tv showed the victory parade today & what comments were made.
What Victory ? I've not seen a thing.....

Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie TV presenters ALWAYS mention that it is the first major sporting trophy we've won for nearly 40 years.

They never fail to get that in.

Or that they needed to free up some space in the trophy cabinet for the Davis cup.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:18 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is from The Australian website:
Attached Thumbnails victory parade-celebration.jpg  
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:22 am
Merlot

It was on Australian Sky news Monday 8th December at 11 pm, didn't watch it as had an early start the next day.

We also get half hour sections of Sky News and Sportsline from London, it was on there too.

We were amazed they even did this after the Pommie Bashing we got over here!!!!

Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:44 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
Well this is from The Australian website:
Looks like they're off to Jerusalem on a Christian Jihad.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:55 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Megalania
Looks like they're off to Jerusalem on a Christian Jihad.
You know, there's an idea in that....

If word got to the Millwall Supporters & other similar footy supporters' organisations that Osama said that English Football supporters were poofs, that would take care of the terrorism threat, wouldn't it?

Would that work?

Last edited by downunderpom; Dec 9th 2003 at 3:57 am.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:04 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by downunderpom
You know, there's an idea in that....

If word got to the Millwall Supporters & other similar footy supporters' organisations that Osama said that English Football supporters were poofs, that would take care of the terrorism threat, wouldn't it?

Would that work?
Never did find scrums appealing, must be an English thing.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:28 am
Just Joined

jimmyz is an unknown quantity at this point

all Australian news programs showed it. In terms of comments, general comments were to the effect that the enormous size of the crowd in London reflected the english sporting public's desperation given decades and decades and decades of winning zip of any sporting significance.
to be honest, i think the australian public generally moved on from the loss about 1 day after the world cup final itself.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jimmyz
all Australian news programs showed it. In terms of comments, general comments were to the effect that the enormous size of the crowd in London reflected the english sporting public's desperation given decades and decades and decades of winning zip of any sporting significance.
to be honest, i think the australian public generally moved on from the loss about 1 day after the world cup final itself.
Would you believe the route planners deliberately made the victory parade go past the Canadian, New Zealand and Scottish High Commissions/Tourist Boards but plans to go past AHC were thwarted by police as being logistically impossible.

I think the young chap who had been there all night and swam in the fountain in sub-zero temperatures summed it up best when interviewed by Sky News. 'We've not won nuffink since 1966 so I just had to be here'. Do you watch rugby matches asked the reporter 'Nup he replied'.

Fair dues though it was touching to see such a display of passion and national pride.

OzTennis
Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:46 am
Badge

Originally posted by jimmyz
if truth be told, this is absolutely true, and the average Australian is now 'bemused'. I had to explain to one that they're not 'still' celebrating, this is the first time they could get it organised.

After all the Australians were world champs at a sport they 've only got three provincial teams playing in at international club level. Rugby Union is the 3rd footie code played on TV in Australia probably. I don't count soccer (yet).

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Dec 9th 2003 at 10:49 am.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:51 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I really enjoyed the parade though.... good to see... it made me proud to be English , and I was choking up with they started singing! really

where was the ticker tape though? was ticker tape banned or something?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
if truth be told, this is absolutely true, and the average Australian is now bemused.
Won it twice before and lots of other things so more used to recent success I think.

OzTennis
Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by jandjuk
I really enjoyed the parade though.... good to see... it made me proud to be English , and I was choking up with they started singing! really

where was the ticker tape though? was ticker tape banned or something?
Yeah, wasn't it great to see 750,000 singing 'Swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot ...... what's the next words?

OzTennis
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:05 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

sounds like sour grapes to me. typical australian - worst losers in the world.

Originally posted by OzTennis
Yeah, wasn't it great to see 750,000 singing 'Swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot, swing low sweet chariot ...... what's the next words?

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.