Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are you going/have you gone and why??

View Poll Results: Where are you going/have you gone
WA
28.88%
NT
0.24%
Queensland
30.83%
NSW
12.62%
Victoria
16.50%
SA
10.92%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Where are you going/have you gone and why??

Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where are you going/have you gone and why??

Would be good to hear where everyone is headed or has gone and their reasons
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:00 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where are you going/have you gone and why??

we are all heading for Mackay, Queensland - sister-in-law lives there with Australian hubby - can't bloody wait!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:00 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
NSW for me. Dans family are in Sydney and the Southern Highlands, and after 7 years away he wants to be close to them so they can get to know Harry.

I fell in love with Sydney when I was there and felt really comfortable and at home there.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
NSW for me. Dans family are in Sydney and the Southern Highlands, and after 7 years away he wants to be close to them so they can get to know Harry.

I fell in love with Sydney when I was there and felt really comfortable and at home there.
we have always liked the idea of Sydney but i suspect it is well out of budget now!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:03 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We initially wanted Brissie but the only avenue was SIR visa. SInce visiting Adelaide, we fell in love with it anyway and wouldn't go anywhere else! It is perfect for us.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:05 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

we have always liked the idea of Sydney but i suspect it is well out of budget now!!!!
To be honest, it is a bit out of budget for us now, but we have never considered anywhere else. It feels like the natural place to be.

We can afford to live there, but might be a while before we buy a house.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

To be honest, it is a bit out of budget for us now, but we have never considered anywhere else. It feels like the natural place to be.

We can afford to live there, but might be a while before we buy a house.

i fear i would be booted back out into the workforce :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:08 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

i fear i would be booted back out into the workforce :scared:
tut tut, what is Oz doing letting in these workshy oiks
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

tut tut, what is Oz doing letting in these workshy oiks
i actually miss going to work to be honest mate - i enjoyed my job - i just gave up work when we came to torquay because we bought a pub so now im working on my beer gut
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:13 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

so now im working on my beer gut
Its a tough job, but someones got to do it. Need a colleague?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

swimmingsaintee will become famous soon enough

Perth for us hopefully coz both my brothers in law and their families live there. In fact now that I think about it we have more family there than we do here ( but the MIL's still here :scared: )
Adelaide would probably be next choice - we really liked it. VV friendly, and just nice really.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Its a tough job, but someones got to do it. Need a colleague?

No!! I can manage!!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Got STNI Nomination from SA. To be honest I'd not even considered it before last year - but the more I looked into it the better it sounded. Think I've made the right decision (especially as we came back from a validation trip...having bought a piece of land!).
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:20 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Perthforme Weather, (just not this week) Good surf , Big ole sand dunes to thrash around on , Cheaper housing , The way of life thing, but mainly because i should never have left the first time i was there
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marco121068
Got STNI Nomination from SA. To be honest I'd not even considered it before last year - but the more I looked into it the better it sounded. Think I've made the right decision (especially as we came back from a validation trip...having bought a piece of land!).

we thought we would be STNI with SA and i have to say it did/does sound fantastic - now we have the choice im all a dither!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.