Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take?

Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take?

Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take?

Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take in my container?
It's to warm to sit inside searching!!!
Many thanks
Karen.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take?

Originally Posted by karenjc
Where would I find a list of things I can/can't take in my container?
It's to warm to sit inside searching!!!
Many thanks
Karen.
www.aqis.gov.au is a good start.

Have you spoken to any shippers yet? They should give you a pretty decent list.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
www.aqis.gov.au is a good start.

Have you spoken to any shippers yet? They should give you a pretty decent list.
Thanks thats great.
Just wasn't sure about candles.
Karen
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough

Thanks thats great.
Karen
hi karen,
we had robinsons round last week for a quote, they were really helpful explaining what we could take or not, there wasn`t that much you cant take, shall have to bin my dry flowers and clean the lawn mower!!
sam
Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks thats great.
Karen
Mr Mover - the man in the know on this subject - posted about candles on another thread this weekend. He said they are fine unless they are something like beeswax ones. Ordinary candles no problem - I brought some in, and they were in an AQIS-inspected box.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:17 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Can i bring in an oak barbers chair?
It was made in 1890 and may have something daft stuffed in it for padding?
Any ideas if itll be accepted or not as its priceless to me.

al
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Can i bring in an oak barbers chair?
It was made in 1890 and may have something daft stuffed in it for padding?
Any ideas if itll be accepted or not as its priceless to me.

al
As long as the chair has no woodworm its porbably ok (if it has, they will treat it). However the padding may be more of a problem - could be straw or something like that? You might have to investigate and report back, but if its horsehair or straw etc then it'll be a no-no. Sorry.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:12 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As long as the chair has no woodworm its porbably ok (if it has, they will treat it). However the padding may be more of a problem - could be straw or something like that? You might have to investigate and report back, but if its horsehair or straw etc then it'll be a no-no. Sorry.
Can just take off padding prior to shipping and get it refurbed when i get there.

Will see nearer the time. thanks pol