Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast?

Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast?

Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:01 pm
hells02

Question Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast?

We are off to validate are visa in May for 3 wks,staying in various palces but need to know where is the best area on the Sunshine coast is?

Thanks Helen

Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:14 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast?

Originally Posted by hells02
We are off to validate are visa in May for 3 wks,staying in various palces but need to know where is the best area on the Sunshine coast is?

Thanks Helen
Personally I love Noosa. Sadly we cannot afford to live there but visited it quite a few times when we were staying in Coolum last year and it was a fab place. Nice Restaurants, shops, beach, accomodation, people. It had a nice cosmopolitan feel about it without being up its arse
Coolum was nice too... It will obviously depend on what you are looking for and what is important to you...
Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:19 pm
hells02

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Personally I love Noosa. Sadly we cannot afford to live there but visited it quite a few times when we were staying in Coolum last year and it was a fab place. Nice Restaurants, shops, beach, accomodation, people. It had a nice cosmopolitan feel about it without being up its arse
Coolum was nice too... It will obviously depend on what you are looking for and what is important to you...

Thanks chatty.
We are just looking for somewhere to base ourselves for the week so we can checkout areas houses etc

Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:06 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

we went to the Sunshine coast last Nov/Dec & we stayed in Caloundra. Every day we would travel up the coast & go to different places. I liked Moloolaba, Marochydore & wasn't too keen on Noosa. We also went to Australia Zoo which was FAB, plus we went to the Glass house mountains. We had a fab holiday & I'm sure you'll also have a great time.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:37 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
we went to the Sunshine coast last Nov/Dec & we stayed in Caloundra. Every day we would travel up the coast & go to different places. I liked Moloolaba, Marochydore & wasn't too keen on Noosa. We also went to Australia Zoo which was FAB, plus we went to the Glass house mountains. We had a fab holiday & I'm sure you'll also have a great time.
Reading that reminded me to mention Montville & Malaney, near Australia zoo and well worth a visit!!
What didnt you like about Noosa fellow Shaz? We really liked it there and especially liked the beach there, it was the one time I didnt feel too nervous about the kids and the surf. Totally agree with you about Australia Zoo and the glass mountains, they were both great places, in fact my husband moaned at me big time cause I took so many photos of the Glass mountains (36) because there was a wonderful sunset which gave the illusion that the mountains were purple. Good job I did take so many as only one turned out and husbands moan turned out to be quite valid.....
Missed out on Caloundra last year but will def visit when we move to Oz this year as some friends of our moved there in March last year.