Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Adelaide

Where to stay in Adelaide

Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

lsbc1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Where to stay in Adelaide

We have at last decided where to stay in , it was between Melboune and Adelaide for a while but have now decided Adelaide. (this is before we have even applied for visa so just testing the water)

Oh is a joiner to Trade, i am pretty much office based but will probably not be working to start with and if i am it will be night work

We are not rich so want to keep mortgage payment pretty low, while having a nice big 3 bed house in a good suburb.

Im not to fussed on suburb as long as its not completely rough

I have two kids one is 10 and one is just a baby, so will need a high school and a primary school near by.

We dont mind not being close to the city as long a sthere is plenty stuff to do on weekends near by.
Being close to the beach would be a bonus but not necessary

Anyone any ideas of ou perfect suburb??
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where to stay in Adelaide

ASPC
:-)
congratulations on making it
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even bother checking out areas until you at least know you can get a visa. You need to be reading and rereading http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/ and sorting all that out first. You posted this in the Immi forum which will be the one to give you all the immigration help and advice you need. This forum is for the areas you're interested in which is why I've moved it.

Without putting a downer on anything though, Australia is entering the global recession (not on the same level as the UK at the moment though) and jobs are becoming few and far between.

There is no such thing as a perfect or even near perfect suburb. Everyone wants what you want but they come from different places so what is perfect to one, is wrong for another. Have either of you been over here? I think you really need to do a reccie to make sure you really know what you're doing if you can afford it.

Hope you get the visa sorted ok.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:14 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lsbc1976
We have at last decided where to stay in , it was between Melboune and Adelaide for a while but have now decided Adelaide. (this is before we have even applied for visa so just testing the water)

Oh is a joiner to Trade, i am pretty much office based but will probably not be working to start with and if i am it will be night work

We are not rich so want to keep mortgage payment pretty low, while having a nice big 3 bed house in a good suburb.

Im not to fussed on suburb as long as its not completely rough

I have two kids one is 10 and one is just a baby, so will need a high school and a primary school near by.

We dont mind not being close to the city as long a sthere is plenty stuff to do on weekends near by.
Being close to the beach would be a bonus but not necessary

Anyone any ideas of ou perfect suburb??

There are loads of areas here that would probably be suitable, but like is said before whats for one isnt for another!! I would also suggest focusing on getting the visa process started before looking at areas! It takes a minimum of 12 months to get the visa things can change dramatically in that time!!

Good luck!