Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to start...

Where to start...

Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Sam_Mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Where to start...

Ok having given it some serious thought we have decided that sometime in the next few years we want to relocate to Australia. Now luckily for my OH he was born there but returned to the UK while he was still too young to remember anything, so if I'm guessing right that would mean he shouldn't have a problem coming back. With me (it's a long term relationship anyway) one wedding later think would solve me gaomom entry

Now while we are in the decision making process I'm trying to gather some facts and any information at all that would help us in starting to make this move a reality. I'm scanning pages and pages on here (me and my computer are def at 1 together!) but was wondering if anyone could give us any starter tips on where we begin!

My OH is keen to live near Bonsi Beach (took his first steps there) so I'm happy to go along with that. I have admistration skills and he currently works for a major soft drink manufacturer over here so where would be the best place to start looking for jobs?

Any help anyone could at all give us on here or PM would be fab as I'm not ashamed to admit we are still a little wet behind the ears on this one.

Oh and we would be coming with the two bundles of fluff that are our cats.

Thanks again

Sam
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:01 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start...

Originally Posted by Sam_Mark
Ok having given it some serious thought we have decided that sometime in the next few years we want to relocate to Australia. Now luckily for my OH he was born there but returned to the UK while he was still too young to remember anything, so if I'm guessing right that would mean he shouldn't have a problem coming back. With me (it's a long term relationship anyway) one wedding later think would solve me gaomom entry

Now while we are in the decision making process I'm trying to gather some facts and any information at all that would help us in starting to make this move a reality. I'm scanning pages and pages on here (me and my computer are def at 1 together!) but was wondering if anyone could give us any starter tips on where we begin!

My OH is keen to live near Bonsi Beach (took his first steps there) so I'm happy to go along with that. I have admistration skills and he currently works for a major soft drink manufacturer over here so where would be the best place to start looking for jobs?

Any help anyone could at all give us on here or PM would be fab as I'm not ashamed to admit we are still a little wet behind the ears on this one.

Oh and we would be coming with the two bundles of fluff that are our cats.

Thanks again

Sam
Lots of reading to do...! Here's definitely a good place to start...

Not sure of your OH's status re getting back to Oz so have a look here... Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Here's a good place to look for jobs... Seek

And this will kick you off with the cats... AQIS

Good luck...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Sam_Mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where to start...

Thanks Having just decided this is something we want to do I'm driving him round the bend already constantly scanning this site lol!