Where to start?

Old May 10th 2004, 11:59 am
Just Joined

craigie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to start?

Hi,

I have just recently researched into living and working in Australia and have been taken aback with the various websites, etc offering advice.

I am 27 years old, working as an IT manager in Scotland for the past 6 years and have an Honours Degree in IT. I have relatives in Australia but I have never kept in touch with them.

Realistically, what are my chances of living and working in Australia and who should I contact to get the ball rolling?

Thanks,
Craig.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:16 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start?

There is a FAQs at the top of this forum by ptlabs that is a v good starting place. (he also had skills assessed by ACS - Australian Computer Society) Also on the board there is an Immigrations forum that is more likely to have relevant questions and replies.

Anyway welcome to the forum
Old May 10th 2004, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

craigie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I have just printed all 60 pages! Should make some interesting reading tonight.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:23 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick call to one of the more reputable immigration agents should give you all the information you require and they would give you an idea whether you have enough points for a visa.

There are several agents who post regulary on this forum who can help, not cheap however !.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:27 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by craigie
Hi,

I have just recently researched into living and working in Australia and have been taken aback with the various websites, etc offering advice.

I am 27 years old, working as an IT manager in Scotland for the past 6 years and have an Honours Degree in IT. I have relatives in Australia but I have never kept in touch with them.

Realistically, what are my chances of living and working in Australia and who should I contact to get the ball rolling?

Thanks,
Craig.
Hi Craig. As Molly said, a call to an angent might be a good starting place. If you have a degree and 6 years experience then passing the ACS skills assessment shouldn't be a problem for you (of course I'm saying this without knowing anything else about your background, etc ).
If you could call on your relatives to sponsor you then the whole process is MUCH quicker than going solo
Good luck.