Reload this Page >

Where should we move to??

Where should we move to??

Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

movingtooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where should we move to??

Hello all,

We are planning to move to Australia in September. We originally fell in love with Noosa (Sunshine Coast) but are now concerned that it might not be the best place to start up our own business or find jobs plus property is not cheap. Can anyone suggest places that fit the following criteria (we are looking at the coast around Brisbane or Sydney)

- Commutable to the city (within an hour preferably). (We haven't decided yet whether to set up our own business yet (any ideas of ways to make $$$$ in Australia appreciated!!) or get jobs - my husband's an IT (SAP if you know it) Manager).
- Space around but not too isolated and preferably near the sea or with good views
- Properties at a reasonable price - we are looking for a 4/5 bed house with pool (and preferably sea views) for less than $1milliion
- Nice town with access to schools, shops, restaurants
- Good weather year round (hence looking at Brisbane or Sydney)

Any recommendations appreciated as doing this over the internet is not easy.

Many thanks

Emma
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where should we move to??

Originally Posted by movingtooz
Hello all,

We are planning to move to Australia in September. We originally fell in love with Noosa (Sunshine Coast) but are now concerned that it might not be the best place to start up our own business or find jobs plus property is not cheap. Can anyone suggest places that fit the following criteria (we are looking at the coast around Brisbane or Sydney)

- Commutable to the city (within an hour preferably). (We haven't decided yet whether to set up our own business yet (any ideas of ways to make $$$$ in Australia appreciated!!) or get jobs - my husband's an IT (SAP if you know it) Manager).
- Space around but not too isolated and preferably near the sea or with good views
- Properties at a reasonable price - we are looking for a 4/5 bed house with pool (and preferably sea views) for less than $1milliion

Many thanks

Emma
Hi there
I am not sure about Sydney as we are going to Brisbane.
Have a look at
www.ourbrisbane.com
www.realestate.com.au

Good Luck
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by movingtooz
Hello all,

Many thanks

Emma
Sydney will meet all those criteria plus it will probably offer more opportunities for employment. Sydney is where most corporate HQ's are based and software companies. Stick to the North Shore and research house prices for the suburbs there. Forget anything close to the water or water views. $1mil won't even by the garage

http://www.domain.com.au//
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:31 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

I suggest brisbane, as property is ridiculous in sydney, and you know what i love brisbane as a city, so much in north south and in the city, sydney is nice but i prefer brisbane you dont earn much less than in sydney and yet property is alot cheaper, i have been to noosa, sunshine coast which is pretty quiet for work,south in the gold coast is a better option to live places like hope harbour, runnaway bay,highland park, pacific pines..

these places are all in lovley areas near beaches nice beaches local to all disney parks brisbane city..........ideal for you,

I have a real estate brochure infront of me oxenford is not far from brisbane and for $850,000, you can buy a beautiful house over looking lake 40sq+ in a boutique estate.three separate living areas, grand central staircase,rumpus room balcony,swimmimng pool and 883m2 land.Looks so modern and gorgeous.6 bed too.++++.mansion!!!
I am headed in that direction but willnot be ableto afford such a nice house but looking forward to a better life none the less