Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where should I go on my Reccie - Brisbane or Melbourne?

Where should I go on my Reccie - Brisbane or Melbourne?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:48 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where should I go on my Reccie - Brisbane or Melbourne?

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
I know, the b*****s! unfortunatly now liquid lunches for me mainly involve pureed vegetables, sad but true!

Lindsay x
Completely off topic, but when we were in the UK, we lived not far from you in Brightons, just outside Falkirk.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Jeez small world, am I right in thinking you would have been on the back road into Falkirk (from our direction)? The road past Polmont and Redding?

Lindsay x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:17 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... all this drama. Can I join in

I personally find Melbourne's weather highly changeable. The "fours seasons in a day" quote isn't a myth it's meteorological fact.

The Winter can be rainy, like today, but not often. Its generally a day or two or hard rain followed by a day or two of slightly grey, maybe windy, days and then a day or so of really quite nice sunny weather. You certainly don't get the constant pissy grey drizzle that you did in the UK Winters. The good thing is that you have lots of sports and outdoor to enjoy in the Winter, especially the skiing which is only a couple of hours away. All in all, while not great, the Winters in Melbourne are substantially better then the UK IMHO.

The Summers seem to be starting later and later but are getting hotter and hotter. The December 2008 stats posted earlier were not that helpful (not your fault I know) because as Rachel said (yes, we know each other too. We're all one big happy family here) it was one of the coldest in years. January was alright, but February was insanely hot, as you may have heard.

Without being exact I would say that the weather here is on average 10'C hotter all year round. Certainly much higher in the Summer

One thing I will say is visit the cities on a Reccie if you can. Certainly once you have arrived and before you commit to buying a property. Once you're here the internal cheap flights are not that bad and there is no reason not to spend a month in a holiday let in the suburbs of each city to try them both out.

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Mar 14th 2009 at 1:23 am.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Hey bigApe, sorry off topic again! Just wanted to say we had a great time at the Blue Bar as per your recommendation, even though we always missed out on the seats overlooking the surf

Lindsay x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:54 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez small world, am I right in thinking you would have been on the back road into Falkirk (from our direction)? The road past Polmont and Redding?

Lindsay x
Yup, that was us. Small world indeed.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:45 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Hey bigApe, sorry off topic again! Just wanted to say we had a great time at the Blue Bar as per your recommendation, even though we always missed out on the seats overlooking the surf

Lindsay x
Ah the Blue Bar in Porthtowan. Sweet pool table
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sweet place, full stop.

Lindsay x