Where in Perth

Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:00 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where in Perth

We are moving to Perth before the year is out. I have been looking at houses on the internet, but getting lost with it all.

We want to live in a nice area, but how do you know if it is nice/good?? How do I know where the good schools are, we are looking at Catholic schools (don't know if that makes any difference!) I have 3 children one will be in secondary school while the other 2 will be in Primary and Junior. - lost with it all at the mo....
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:47 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Perth

Originally Posted by Emma_Par
We are moving to Perth before the year is out. I have been looking at houses on the internet, but getting lost with it all.

We want to live in a nice area, but how do you know if it is nice/good?? How do I know where the good schools are, we are looking at Catholic schools (don't know if that makes any difference!) I have 3 children one will be in secondary school while the other 2 will be in Primary and Junior. - lost with it all at the mo....
please define what NICE means to you as 'nice' can mean different things to different people.

also what kind of budget are you looking at (either renting or buying) as that will have a big impact on what folks might recommend.

The most expensive areas (nicest???????) are Peppermint Grove and surrounds but you need at least $1.5-2 million to even consider them.

with regard to Catholic schools - have you looked at cms.ceo.wa.edu.au/home.jsp?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:03 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
please define what NICE means to you as 'nice' can mean different things to different people.

also what kind of budget are you looking at (either renting or buying) as that will have a big impact on what folks might recommend.

The most expensive areas (nicest???????) are Peppermint Grove and surrounds but you need at least $1.5-2 million to even consider them.

with regard to Catholic schools - have you looked at cms.ceo.wa.edu.au/home.jsp?
Thanks very helpful link.
Nice, well somewhere that has low crime rate, not to built up, friendly, close to amenities.
Think my first stop will be the school website and then expand my search from there as I am guessing they all have catchment areas like here.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 11:28 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma_Par

I have friends with kids at Sacred Heart and are very happy.
Northern suburbs, Sorrento, nice area on the beach.

Sacred Heart College is a Catholic co-educational secondary College from Y ears 7 - 12 with about 1200 students. The College was established in 1967 by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions but its history can be traced back to 1898 when Sacred Heart School opened in the central Perth suburb of Highgate. The college motto is "Always Striving Upwards". The curriculum is based on Christian values and offers a wide range of quality educational opportunities that foster the academic, cultural, sporting and spiritual development of students. There is a strong university focus as well as an extensive vocational education program. A Special Education Centre caters for students with special learning needs. Central to the curriculum is the philosophy of creating life-long learners who use their potential and talents in the service of others, and for the benefit of themselves. The College recognises the value of parents and supports them on their role as the prime educators of their children. A highly successful extra-curricular program is offered to students. This enhances the excellent academic, sporting, cultural and Christian service achievements of the College, making enrolment a highly sought after option for families in the community.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

It all comes down to how far out from the city you want to be

If your work means you will be in the city how much of a comute do you want.

Areas like victoria park, morley, balcatta are about 15-20mins out by bus then you can go out to places like clarkson which are 45mins train or 1hr+ driving
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:03 am
Planning for the future

Originally Posted by dave99
It all comes down to how far out from the city you want to be

If your work means you will be in the city how much of a comute do you want.

Areas like victoria park, morley, balcatta are about 15-20mins out by bus then you can go out to places like clarkson which are 45mins train or 1hr+ driving
Tbh schooling for the kds will be my priority, although don't want to live in the middle of the city, good access is good enough for me. OH will be working away from home and I will look for work 6/12 Months down the line when kids are settled. at the mo I like the look of the primary and secondary schools in the north (going by schooling results too). However still looking and still open to suggestions

Thanks everyone for your input much appreciated