Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another 'help is needed' thread

Another 'help is needed' thread

Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Cherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really nice
Default Another 'help is needed' thread

Yes yet another green pom asking dumb questions!!!!!
for the past 20 years my husband and myself have pondered emmigration, initially going down the USA route as I had family there, I have told friends my hopes and dreams only to watch them say 'hey what a great idea' and emmigrate themselves, whilst I have sat on the side lines and sighed. Last year I went to visit one of my friends who had realised their dream, I got on the plane to Perth and was astounded that....well I liked it even though I never thought I would. So we have got in touch with Go Matilda and are confident that maybe we could just be able to go. The dillema is although my husband has 20 years experience in his field he has no formal qualifications. He runs his own business and has been a construction project manager and CAD technition for years. Also we are torn as to were would be the best place for us??? Perth was lovely but I also like the sound of Darwin, Adelaide and Brisbaine. We have 2 children aged 14 and 8. Please give me your views.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another 'help is needed' thread

NOT Darwin, especially with a teen.
I liked Perth, but ended up in Sydney- you just go where the jobs are, and where they will let you in.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:52 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another 'help is needed' thread

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
Perth was lovely but I also like the sound of Darwin, Adelaide and Brisbaine.
Any reason you have omitted the two cities where your husband is probably most likely to be able to earn an income?

BB
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Cherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really niceCherry ripe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Any reason you have omitted the two cities where your husband is probably most likely to be able to earn an income?

BB
No reason other than what we have seen really. He actually mentioned Sydney last night saying he thought that would probably be a good option. As for Melbourne that is somewere I would like to go too. why would Darwin be so wrong for a teenager??
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Discovery has a spectacular aura aboutDiscovery has a spectacular aura aboutDiscovery has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cherry ripe
No reason other than what we have seen really. He actually mentioned Sydney last night saying he thought that would probably be a good option. As for Melbourne that is somewere I would like to go too. why would Darwin be so wrong for a teenager??
Hmm I live in Darwin and can't really answer your question. I can only assume that the member who made the comment will tell you that Darwin is so hot that teenagers just melt after a few weeks. Perhaps it's the fact that the crocodiles in Darwin only target teenagers so you have lock up your teenagers all day to keep them safe. Only joking of course. Seriously though, go where the job takes you and enjoy what Australia has to offer.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really nice

Lived in Perth for 8 years. Visited all major OZ/NZ cities quite extensively, we know people in Brizzy, Sydney, and Melbourne and stay with them quite regularly.

Adelaide is the only other place that I personally would consider living, but ONLY if I was not allowed for some reason to live in Perth.

You simply cannot put a price on the fantastic summers that we are very lucky to enjoy here in WA.