Reload this Page >

Nursing- Modified Skills Assessment

Nursing- Modified Skills Assessment

Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:16 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing- Modified Skills Assessment

Hi All

I have just posted this question in the Nurses forum but am also looking for the wider opinions of BE members.

Has anyone recently applied directly from the UK to AHPRA(with no previous Australian connections, family, etc) actually managed to gain full registration and received their Australian Nursing Pin number (without leaving the UK). If so, please share your experience as Im sure my Wife is not the only one attempting to meet the ANMCs requirement for a 'modified skills assessment', thus avoiding the IELTS requirements.
With full registration from AHPRA you are deemed to have met the English Language requirement of the ANMC.

For those UK nurses that have got a letter from AHPRA that states 'Eligible for Registration as a Nurse' is this (see below) a real possibility (as the letter is only valid for 12 months) ?

Is it possible to get full/complete registration with AHPRA i.e. get your pin number by going to Australia on a short holiday, going to AHPRAs local state office, presenting your 'Eligible for Registration as a Nurse' letter and proof of identity (passport with a valid visa, I believe a visitor/tourist visa will suffice, as proof is for Identification purpose not legality to work), Also I believe AHPRA will carry out an (Australian) police check on you (security check)

Has anyone gained FULL registration recently at AHPRA by actually taking their 'Eligible for Registration as a Nurse' letter, passport, etc and producing them in Australia upon arrival ?

IELTS puts the fear of God into my wife and she is willing to spend the cost of a flight, etc to avoid it if it really is a possibility.
(We are all well aware that you could take the test 10 or 12 times for the extra cost......I am not in need of a maths lesson, just helpful advice please, thanks