Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live if working at Gold Coast Hospital

Where to live if working at Gold Coast Hospital

Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice
Default Re: Where to live if working at Gold Coast Hospital

Originally Posted by noofie
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on BE for a bit as I did get terrible cold feet - got over them now - I think!!!!!

Would be great to keep in touch with others starting at the Gold Coast hospital (GCH) in the New Year. I am a midwife currently working at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey and have a start date at the GCH of the 9th February - scarey - I leave me current hospital on the 12th December after 14 years!!!!

We are due to complete on our house on the 28th of this month and are just waiting for approval on our removal quotes from Queensland Health so we can sort that and book our flights.

Plan is to fly around 4th or 5th of January and stay in the Bluewater Bay accommosation provided by Queensland Health while we have a look around and sort things out.

Jackie x

We also fly out 5th Jan, we are also staying at the bluewater bay complex for 3 weeks, coincidence !!!, My wife has been sponsored by Queensland Health and starts work 1st week in Feb at Robina Hospital as a mental health nurse in the children/youth dept. We are thinking of living in Robina, does anyone have experience living around there, the housing looks decently priced,
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

markntracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live if working at Gold Coast Hospital

Originally Posted by deb31deb
Hi Tracy
I currently work in neonates lister Hospital Stevenage Hertfordshire .It would be great to meet up . Did you look at schools on your reccie trip? we are looking at Guardian angels school or st kevins any thoughts? my husband martin is a builder so hopefully he will find work . my two girls are 5 and 8 we will be living in southport to begin with as this is where hospital provide the initial accomadation free for first couple of weeks,then thinking of Ashmore or Benowa
Deb
Hi Debbie,

Tried to phone you today only the guy who answered didn't know of any plans to move to Australia. Did you make a mistake with your phone number or have you not discussed it with your hubbie yet.

Tracy.