where to live?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default where to live?

i lived in oz back in the 80s when my family emigrated. i moved back to the uk 12 years ago and am looking to return. i am looking for any advice for areas to consider moving to. i currently live in a small town in wales with a fairly good community spirit which is the thing i know i will miss most. my children aged 6 and 7 go to a school which has 200 hundred kids, they play football and rugby. i want to move to an area with similar school size and clubs. i know moving is the best thing for them but am stressed at the thought of the disruption it will cause them. sounding like whingeing pom before i leave blighty soil here but all advice greatly recieved
cheers
ps my mum and brother liove in perth so am looking for somewhere within perth

Last edited by Idlewood; Dec 17th 2007 at 1:24 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:30 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: where to live?

Originally Posted by Idlewood
i lived in oz back in the 80s when my family emigrated. i moved back to the uk 12 years ago and am looking to return. i am looking for any advice for areas to consider moving to. i currently live in a small town in wales with a fairly good community spirit which is the thing i know i will miss most. my children aged 6 and 7 go to a school which has 200 hundred kids, they play football and rugby. i want to move to an area with similar school size and clubs. i know moving is the best thing for them but am stressed at the thought of the disruption it will cause them. sounding like whingeing pom before i leave blighty soil here but all advice greatly recieved
cheers
Hi, we also live in a small town/village in South Wales........and we also want to keep the community spirit and smaller class sizes with plenty of activities for the kids, so we are going to go to Tasmania
Beth x x
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default Re: where to live?

thanks for that. forgot to mention my mum and brother live in perth so need somewhere in perth thanks for prompt reply tho and good luck in tassie
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Idlewood
thanks for that. forgot to mention my mum and brother live in perth so need somewhere in perth thanks for prompt reply tho and good luck in tassie
Can't help with areas as we have just moved to Gold coast.

What I will say is that our daughter who is almost 7 moved from a school with only 90 pupils to a school with thousands (or so it seems). I was really worried about the size of the school and thought she would be overwhelmed by it. The reality - she LOVES it! She has only had 4 weeks at school before breaking for christmas but already says it is much better than her english school. As far as i was concerned, her english school would take some beating. The point i am making is that size is not everything, one way or the other, and the children are very resilient and tend to adjust well - better than the adults I would say!

Good luck with your search for the right area.

Nicky
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

my aunt, uncle and cousins moved to perth when the boys were 4,6 and 8 (i think), they went to fremantle at first - but now live in clarkson. I can't really comment on either places as I have never been, but they loved growing up over there.