Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do Western Australians go for their holidays

Where do Western Australians go for their holidays

Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do Western Australians go for their holidays

Gross State Product

NSW ($m) $321,325
VIC ($m) $242,595
QLD ($m) $187,339
WA ($m) $127,775

You still have a long way to catch up.

Mikey
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
Agree with you here. He sounds like another person who is bitter & twisted because He FAILED in Perth. I Hope is is happy when he goes back to the EU but i doubt it

Dennis
so by that logic you failed in the UK ( or wherever you are from) and had to come to WA to try and make something of your life...???
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:03 am
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Gross State Product

NSW ($m) $321,325
VIC ($m) $242,595
QLD ($m) $187,339
WA ($m) $127,775

You still have a long way to catch up.

Mikey
This just proves people like you should never be let near a computer. Whilst fishing on wikipedia you may have also wanted to include the GSP per capita...

NSW 46,816
VIC 47,096
QLD 45,496
WA 61,490
SA 41,820
TAS 39,160
ACT 62,793
NT 63,548

Which shows why us westies are considerably more loaded than you
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolBeary
This just proves people like you should never be let near a computer. Whilst fishing on wikipedia you may have also wanted to include the GSP per capita...

NSW 46,816
VIC 47,096
QLD 45,496
WA 61,490
SA 41,820
TAS 39,160
ACT 62,793
NT 63,548

He went to school in WA so obviously didn't learn the necessary skills
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leftfield
so by that logic you failed in the UK ( or wherever you are from) and had to come to WA to try and make something of your life...???
I didnt fail in the UK at all. And the reasons why i left were nothing to do with hating the place.
So the logic is not the same at all !
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Yea, we are not talking about Per Capita (big difference). Just pointing out the claims of Perth having one of the best economies in the world is not true, and infact not even close.

Oh, and the stats came from ABS.

Mikey

Last edited by Mikeyc; Jul 1st 2008 at 2:25 am.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Westies are not loaded, you’re houses are worth a lot (well a lot in Aussies terms at least ), but that's it – Once you sell it, you need the same amount to buy within WA, so really the only money you have actually made is on paper – unless you move out of the state.

And unless you’re actually planning on selling at all, then you haven’t made much and are now in debt with a mortgage that will soon be more than the value of the property itself – the bubble is about to burst.

But you knew all that, didn’t you.

Mikey

Last edited by Mikeyc; Jul 1st 2008 at 2:25 am.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:30 am
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

Westies are not loaded, you’re houses are worth a lot (well a lot in Aussies terms at least ), but that's it – Once you sell it, you need the same amount to buy within WA, so really the only money you have actually made is on paper – unless you move out of the state.

And unless you’re actually planning on selling at all, then you haven’t made much and are now in debt with a mortgage that will soon be more than the value of the property itself – the bubble is about to burst.

But you knew all that, didn’t you.

Mikey
You assume a lot don't you. Which makes an Ass of u and not me

You imply I have a mortgage when I don't, 30 with 2 houses and no mortgage couldn't give a rats arse about any bubble bursting.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

You assume a lot don't you. Which makes an Ass of u and not me
Yea, but by looking at your list of Holiday Destinations (first page) it’s clear you’re not “loaded”.

Mikey
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I am going to ignore the Perth is brilliant / Perth is crap debate this time (for a while anyway).
I can't be arsed with this anymore either. You know it's good, I know it's good. That's all that matters.
I've just got back from California. It's a great place and I like it a lot, but it is nice to be home.
The present here is great but the future is brighter. Bring it on.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Yea, but by looking at your list of Holiday Destinations (first page) it’s clear you’re not “loaded”.

Mikey
Here is my list of destinations in the last 4 years.

New York, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco - LA.

Auckland, Wellington, (All of South Island NZ).

Melbourne (Great ocean road) - Adelaide, Sydney - Cairns (and a lot in between), Uluru.

Barbados, Tobago, Turkey, Spain, France, Cyprus, Egypt.

And now I'm in Perth.

Clearly it was cheap to travel to all these places
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Here is my list of destinations in the last 4 years.

New York, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco - LA.

Auckland, Wellington, (All of South Island NZ).

Melbourne (Great ocean road) - Adelaide, Sydney - Cairns (and a lot in between), Uluru.

Barbados, Tobago, Turkey, Spain, France, Cyprus, Egypt.

And now I'm in Perth.

Clearly it was cheap to travel to all these places
Whoops forgot the maldives
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Whoops forgot the maldives
I should also state though that WA has NOT enabled me to do these things
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:46 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I can't be arsed with this anymore either. You know it's good, I know it's good. That's all that matters.
I know, I know. I would much rather go on the other site for the entertainment value and I am seriously thinking about deleting my account.

But then I think back to 4 years ago. I could quite easily have been put off Perth by the crap that was on here then if it wasn't for the occassional voice of reason. I therefore feel obliged to stay on here and "pay it forward" to help those guys thinking of coming to Perth now that might make an uninformed judgement due to being swayed by the anti-Perth bollocks on here now.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I know, I know. I would much rather go on the other site for the entertainment value and I am seriously thinking about deleting my account.

But then I think back to 4 years ago. I could quite easily have been put off Perth by the crap that was on here then if it wasn't for the occassional voice of reason. I therefore feel obliged to stay on here and "pay it forward" to help those guys thinking of coming to Perth now that might make an uninformed judgement due to being swayed by the anti-Perth bollocks on here now.
We did a reccie in 2004 to SE Qld partly because of what I read on here. Big mistake. We both did not like it at all over there. Luckily, we made a side trip over here and loved it. Best move we made.

I really don't give a damn about the anti-Perth crap written on here now, and I am attempting to stay out of it, but it's hard sometimes given the pureness of some of this shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.