Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do the meds need to be sent?

Where do the meds need to be sent?

Old May 19th 2006, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

ams11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where do the meds need to be sent?

Hi all,

Just had my meds done today and the doctor wasnt sure where the documents need to be sent?!

Im based in London and had applied for my visa back in march, its a Class BN Subclass 136 skilled independent. I havent had a request for my meds yet but thought I would just get them done and sent before they ask.

I had a quick look on the DIMIA website, but obviously not looking in the right place. Have any of you migrating from London sent the meds off early and if so could you please let me know to what address so that I can notify my doctor.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 19th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where do the meds need to be sent?

Originally Posted by ams11
Hi all,

Just had my meds done today and the doctor wasnt sure where the documents need to be sent?!

Im based in London and had applied for my visa back in march, its a Class BN Subclass 136 skilled independent. I havent had a request for my meds yet but thought I would just get them done and sent before they ask.

I had a quick look on the DIMIA website, but obviously not looking in the right place. Have any of you migrating from London sent the meds off early and if so could you please let me know to what address so that I can notify my doctor.

Thanks in advance!
Where are you emigrating too?????
Old May 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
If you are going to Oz, the Dr should be on the list of Drs who do the Meds for immigration. He should know the address. However, here is the address:

Local Clearance Centre, DIMIA, Level 6, The Gateway Building, 26 Lee St,
Sydney 2000.
If this is not correct someone else on BE will know as they are all very helpful and slightly mad!
Welcome to the forum.
Lou
Old May 19th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Was the doctor not one of the nominated panel docs for Aus. I find it hard to believe the doc didn't know. Finished ours in Sep 05 and left it to the doc
Old May 19th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Just seen your post count. Sorry for that and welcome
Old May 19th 2006, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by framac
Just seen your post count. Sorry for that and welcome
This is the "Australia" forum so i guess I'm emigrating to Oz (hopefully!!) .

The doc is on the panel list, but he mentioned that they were sending documents to the Adelaide skilled processing centre too and just wanted to make sure, hence the question...

Thanks Louise, I will notify the doc as soon as possible. How are all your applications going? Framac have you had any news since submitting your meds?

This waiting is doing my head in!
Old May 20th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

This is the "Australia" forum so i guess I'm emigrating to Oz (hopefully!!) .

The doc is on the panel list, but he mentioned that they were sending documents to the Adelaide skilled processing centre too and just wanted to make sure, hence the question...

Thanks Louise, I will notify the doc as soon as possible. How are all your applications going? Framac have you had any news since submitting your meds?

This waiting is doing my head in!
i know that!!!!!
But where about in Aus as that will depend on where you need to send your meds. We are going to Sydney so meds were sent to Adelaide. They then link it up with your police checks etc. The doctor carrying out your meds should know any way.
Remember that you have to be in Aus 12 months from the date of your meds, which is why sometimes its better not to get them done until you're asked to.

All the best with it all.

Last edited by paulaljones; May 20th 2006 at 8:10 am.
Old May 20th 2006, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulaljones
i know that!!!!!
But where about in Aus as that will depend on where you need to send your meds. We are going to Sydney so meds were sent to Adelaide. They then link it up with your police checks etc. The doctor carrying out your meds should know any way.
Remember that you have to be in Aus 12 months from the date of your meds, which is why sometimes its better not to get them done until you're asked to.

All the best with it all.
I see!!! well my apologies, I didn't know that. Hoping to move to Perth WA. I thought it would all depend on the type of visa I applied for??

All the best with your application too, and thanks!
Old May 20th 2006, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I see!!! well my apologies, I didn't know that. Hoping to move to Perth WA. I thought it would all depend on the type of visa I applied for??

All the best with your application too, and thanks!
You can either send the medicals to the LCU unit

Details and address here

or you can send them to where ever it is you sent your application. Ie: Adelaide - General Skilled migration, perth - business visa etc.