Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just A Great School!!!!

Just A Great School!!!!

Old May 20th 2006, 5:31 am
Just Joined

chippie..ste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just A Great School!!!!

My son is 14, has gone through the immigration mill and came home from school the other day. To tell me that four of his friends have been taken out of brisbanes private schools and now go to kenmore state high school.His school.apparently there doing so much better than they were.so much so other family member are moving there children also!!.
Hope this helps with the school question anyone might have.

steve.
Old May 20th 2006, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just A Great School!!!!

Originally Posted by chippie..ste
My son is 14, has gone through the immigration mill and came home from school the other day. To tell me that four of his friends have been taken out of brisbanes private schools and now go to kenmore state high school.His school.apparently there doing so much better than they were.so much so other family member are moving there children also!!.

steve.
At least this will give you confidence that you have placed your son in a good school. It is so hard trying to choose a school when you arrive as you know nobody to give you recommendations etc and you end up having to go on your gut feeling and hoping you have made the right choice.
Old May 20th 2006, 10:49 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just A Great School!!!!

Originally Posted by chippie..ste

steve.
My friend took her boy out of Kenmore and moved him to Indooroopilly State High School instead, where he is much happier. I think its a matter of seeing which school is best for your child. We were impressed with the facilities when we went to have a look but with 1500 kids there, our boy would just get lost and forgotton about because he's so quiet. We weren't too impressed with a couple of the private schools but we have found one which suits him perfectly.

Kenmore did very well in the recent OP results, though, so they're doing something right.

Jane