Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where to buy in sydney

where to buy in sydney

Old Mar 1st 2006, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default where to buy in sydney

hi,
i am looking to buy in sydney in the next 6 months and was wondering which areas to look at. i like the northern beaches area, but realise i wont be able to afford much in that area-so r there any areas nearby that are cheaper. i am after a 3 bed house, but would buy a 2 bed unit to get on the ladder-any ideas r much appreciated.
cheers
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:12 am
Banned

Chris, Anna & Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where to buy in sydney

Originally Posted by threlly
hi,
i am looking to buy in sydney in the next 6 months and was wondering which areas to look at. i like the northern beaches area, but realise i wont be able to afford much in that area-so r there any areas nearby that are cheaper. i am after a 3 bed house, but would buy a 2 bed unit to get on the ladder-any ideas r much appreciated.
cheers
Is this the same Threlly who went to Gold Coast after tossing up between there and Northern Beaches?

Hope so - it's Chris, we were chatting before!

We're still on Northern Beaches (Frenchs Forest to be precise) and loving every minute. I'll do everything I can to help you find somewhere that's nice, if you remind me about yourselves (age etc) again!?

Cheers!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

hi there,
yes its the same threlly. we lived on the gold coast for 8 months and just moved to sydney (Allambie Heights) on Saturday. I love this area, but it looks like we would have to pay between $550,000 to $600,000 to live in this area. I am 33, partner is 33. Our first baby is due in 8 weeks, so its all very exciting. Have you bought your own place or r u renting? We r renting in Allambie Heights for 6 months-possibly 1 year.
cheers

Originally Posted by Chris, Anna & Wilson
Is this the same Threlly who went to Gold Coast after tossing up between there and Northern Beaches?

Hope so - it's Chris, we were chatting before!

We're still on Northern Beaches (Frenchs Forest to be precise) and loving every minute. I'll do everything I can to help you find somewhere that's nice, if you remind me about yourselves (age etc) again!?

Cheers!

Last edited by threlly; Mar 1st 2006 at 5:27 am.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:35 am
Banned

hi there,
yes its the same threlly. we lived on the gold coast for 8 months and just moved to sydney (Allambie Heights) on Saturday. I love this area, but it looks like we would have to pay between $550,000 to $600,000 to live in this area. I am 33, partner is 33. Our first baby is due in 8 weeks, so its all very exciting. Have you bought your own place or r u renting? We r renting in Allambie Heights for 6 months-possibly 1 year.
cheers
Hi Threlly!

Glad to hear it's you! And you're only down the road! How cool!

At the moment we're renting as it was difficult buying, eg no credit rating etc etc. However, we're going to buy as soon as poss!

Hey - baby on the way?! Good news! So let me get my maths right...... You've been on gold coast for 8 months, you're due in 8 weeks.... Babies was one of the reasons we moved here - didn't want our kids growing up in UK when they could have sun, beaches, nice weather etc here! No kids yet, but probably within a year.

Keep in touch - we'll have to bbq on up!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

hi there,
i am a little confused. did u used to go under the name djdutts? if so, hi again. yes, we will have to have a bbq or something. just give us a week or so to sort ourselves out. By the way how is your business going? you will have to talk to martin he does i.t stuff and wants to start his own business a.s.a.p
cheers

Originally Posted by Chris, Anna & Wilson
Hi Threlly!

Glad to hear it's you! And you're only down the road! How cool!

At the moment we're renting as it was difficult buying, eg no credit rating etc etc. However, we're going to buy as soon as poss!

Hey - baby on the way?! Good news! So let me get my maths right...... You've been on gold coast for 8 months, you're due in 8 weeks.... Babies was one of the reasons we moved here - didn't want our kids growing up in UK when they could have sun, beaches, nice weather etc here! No kids yet, but probably within a year.

Keep in touch - we'll have to bbq on up!

Last edited by threlly; Mar 1st 2006 at 5:50 am.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:52 am
Banned

hi there,
i am a little confused. did u used to go under the name djdutts? if so, hi again. yes, we will have to have a bbq or something. just give us a week or so to sort ourselves out. By the way how is your business going? you will have to talk to martin he does i.t stuff and wants to start his own business a.s.a.p
cheers
Yep, certainly did, that's me! Business is going extremely well. Best thing to do would be to pop me an email when you've sorted yourself out and we'll arrange to hook up. My email is please don't post email addresses on the open forum

Be great to hear from you

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 1st 2006 at 6:07 am.