Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long is shipping goods taking at moment??

How long is shipping goods taking at moment??

Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default How long is shipping goods taking at moment??

Hi
I am trying to work out what date to book the collection of our stuff from UK.
anyone give me any advice on how long its taking to arrive in Melbourne??
Also any do's and donts greatly appreciated
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: How long is shipping goods taking at moment??

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
Hi ours left the UK on the 8th Dec and its getting delivered tomorrow, we are on the Sunshine Coast QLD.

good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

gosh thats nearly 3 months we have been told 6 weeks ?????
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:48 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
All my stuff left my house two weeks before it set sail then it took four weeks to get here by sea...then five weeks held up because AQIS have a backlog to inspect. Just been told its all being delivered Friday..whooo hoooooo...proper chairs to sit on and a table to eat off and my son finally gets his toys!!

Ours came to Sydney by the way. Not sure about Melbourne. I think the delays with AQIS are all over the country though which is a bummer because I was told I would of had it all end of Jan if there were no delays.

Good luck
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:20 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Our stuff is being shipped to Melbourne on the Sunday 26 March and will arrive in Melbourne Port 3 May 2006. We expect a 2 week delay via customs.
We are using PSS and a sole container.

They have had no reported delays through customs in Melbourne and the only variant in shipping will be the Singapore/Kelang time where it could pass through in a day or be delayed a week depending on volumes. Even the shipping companies cannot tell you a definite here - that is why they say 6 to 8 weeks. 8 to 12 weeks for part shipments due to the consolidation into containers at our end and distribution at other end.

When are you heading off to Melbourne?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Our stuff (shared container with Crown) was collected from our house on 8th December, left the UK on 14th December, arrived in Sydney on 20th January and was with us in Sydney a couple of weeks later.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

mine left about 15th(ish - can't remember so long ago!!) of Jan.... still waiting lol!!

have actually had NO contact from shippers other than acknowledgement of change of address.... have emailed asking if they have an appoximate date of arrival (since i've got holidays in 5-6 weeks time) but nothing as yet!

worried??........ nah!!! (well not really! lol)
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by YoSemite
mine left about 15th(ish - can't remember so long ago!!) of Jan.... still waiting lol!!

have actually had NO contact from shippers other than acknowledgement of change of address.... have emailed asking if they have an appoximate date of arrival (since i've got holidays in 5-6 weeks time) but nothing as yet!

worried??........ nah!!! (well not really! lol)
Our stuff was packed up December 15 and we are hoping to see it in Brisbane March 13. But if does arrive before you are ready for it, you'll have to pay for storage.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

been ready for it for about 3 weeks now!!! hehehehe

<checks watch> still waiting!!

note to self: never pack guitar, books and xbox in same shipment. aussie tv is crap when it's raining!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

thankyou - i think i will bring it forward a bit lol
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Ours was collected by Crown on the 22nd December, the container left the UK on the 30th, arrived in Melbourne on the 6th Feb and it was with us on the 15th.