Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where the Bl**dy Hell are you..???

Where the Bl**dy Hell are you..???

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice
Default Where the Bl**dy Hell are you..???

Will this new Australian marketing slogan aimed at encouraging more foreign visitors to come to Australia be a success do you think.
I would prefer
"Where the Roo are You" ....too tame do you think????
Oldgit
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:25 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where the Bl**dy Hell are you..???

Originally Posted by oldgit
Will this new Australian marketing slogan aimed at encouraging more foreign visitors to come to Australia be a success do you think.
I would prefer
"Where the Roo are You" ....too tame do you think????
Oldgit
already a post on this mate
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:12 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
Workers rights... Where the Bloody Hell are you?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:56 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Which countries is it being aimed at?

Have the advertisers thought about these points?:
Britain has a watershed time( around 9pm/10pm?), at least it used to. If they still have the strict time guidelines today, I doubt very much it will be shown at "prime time" because of the watershed, so I think it's going to cut down the audience numbers

I know that parts of Asia have very strict rules regarding bad language on Television - so it will have to be edited out for many Asian countries.

Other points;

Although it is very mild language and I don't consider "Bloody hell" as being really foul language - BUT I do consider it as foul language coming out of a 2, 3, 4 year old etc mouth- would you want your children to say "Bloody hell" as if it's perfectly ok to use this type of language ? But it must be ok because it is on the TV ( That's if it is shown at prime time).

I think it portrays Aussies as ignorant ockers by using this language to advertise to the world - fine if that is the way they want many people in the world to think of them ( which some people already do think of them this way) , but if I was a "real" Australian ( born and bred) I would not be happy about the way I was being portrayed to the rest of the world.

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the ad in full on sunrise this morning and have to say I think its great.
What I love about Australia and its people is that they don't give a stuff, its a shame we have all become so damn namby pamby in England. Some bloke from the cabinet, Costello I think, made a speech last night saying that if migrants coming to Oz couldn't commit to the customs and laws of this country then to go somewhere else. Can you imagine the uproar in England if Gordon Brown had said that. I bloody love it here!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:47 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
I saw the ad in full on sunrise this morning and have to say I think its great.
What I love about Australia and its people is that they don't give a stuff, its a shame we have all become so damn namby pamby in England. Some bloke from the cabinet, Costello I think, made a speech last night saying that if migrants coming to Oz couldn't commit to the customs and laws of this country then to go somewhere else. Can you imagine the uproar in England if Gordon Brown had said that. I bloody love it here!
I saw the advert last night on the news, and to be honest it does make Australians look like uncultured idiots. It is portraying what some people in the world think of them already .

I am working here with Aussies , I've been in Aus 9 years, most of my closest friends are Australians and not British expats . You are wrong about most Aussies don't give a stuff, some do and some don't - Aussies don't all think this and that way, same as British people don't all think this and that way . Aussies are not a a single being or a bunch of robots who are all programmed . Each person is as diverse as any being on this planet. You can not genralise a nation of people - any nation

Interesting to see that a lot of the people who love it on this forum are from "namby pamby England" ( if the shoe fits - I'm glad you didn't say Britain )and not real Australians

cheers

P.s " Can you imagine the uproar in England if Gordon Brown had said that."- Costello's speech has caused an uproar here with the Muslim community.
I totally agree with him though on that one, you should live by the laws of this land.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken Ceri about everyone being different although I would have to say that most posters on here that are from England are currently in the process of trying to get to Australia with one of the reasons being that England has become so namby pamby. I have long lost my desire to be and pride in being English.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Point taken Ceri about everyone being different although I would have to say that most posters on here that are from England are currently in the process of trying to get to Australia with one of the reasons being that England has become so namby pamby. I have long lost my desire to be and pride in being English.
I agree with NorthernBird - everyone should wind thier neck in and not take evrything so bloody seriously.

I bet the British people love this advert because they know damn well that British advertisers wouldn't do it because of the politically correct madness so prevalent in the UK.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ceri]I saw the advert last night on the news, and to be honest it does make Australians look like uncultured idiots. It is portraying what some people in the world think of them already .

Saw it too, cant really see the point of it Bog standard beach shots, bog standard girl with boobs walks across beach shots, then says bloody.

The ad was explained away as so many places have nice beaches we have to offer something else, What swearing Surely they could have found something better to promote cant believe they are stuck after beaches and prawns :scared:

I think its a waste of 180 million, althought it will probably go down well in the UK during the wrestling and soccer

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 24th 2006 at 1:12 am.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:19 am
ABCDiamond

Current results from a Channel Seven poll:

Do you approve of the "where the bloody hell are you" tourism ads?
59% Yes
41% No

Tourism Australia managing director Scott Morrison said the campaign was aimed at a universal tourist called an "experience-seeker" – a person who is open-minded, adventurous, has higher-than-average earnings, is sociable and wants to come away having learned something.

"Experience-seekers possess the characteristic best suited to meeting Australia's objective to increase yield and dispersal, as they spend twice as much and disperse three times as much as average travellers," he said.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Current results from a Channel Seven poll:

Do you approve of the "where the bloody hell are you" tourism ads?
59% Yes
41% No

Tourism Australia managing director Scott Morrison said the campaign was aimed at a universal tourist called an "experience-seeker" – a person who is open-minded, adventurous, has higher-than-average earnings, is sociable and wants to come away having learned something.

"Experience-seekers possess the characteristic best suited to meeting Australia's objective to increase yield and dispersal, as they spend twice as much and disperse three times as much as average travellers," he said.

Thats even more confusing then, they want the high end dollar yet make an ad that would appeal more to a bloke watching the wrestling who enjoys large breasts and a bit of swearing

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Thats even more confusing then, they want the high end dollar yet make an ad that would appeal more to a bloke watching the wrestling who enjoys large breasts and a bit of swearing

you have met my husband then
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you have met my husband then
I have a feeling it might be most husbands
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

really? lol

I think they will find that in reality it will attract the lower than average earner, and people with lower than average IQ
"experience seeker and opened minded" - I would personally advise anyone who is really like this to think very carefully about coming here.

The tourist board will probably find out they will be attracting the very people they do not want to attract here - The Great British Lager lout

cheers
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
" Bl**dy Hell Mate you've uncovered one of my dark secrets. I post first before switching the monitor on.....massive savings on electricity
Perhaps our two threads compliment one another do you think. Mine is slightly different and yours is good too.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.