Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO BEGIN ????? My Head Hurts

WHERE TO BEGIN ????? My Head Hurts

Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

mack69uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy WHERE TO BEGIN ????? My Head Hurts

:scared: Me, wife and 16 year old planning to miggrate to Oz A.S.A.P, what is the first thing that we have to do to get the ball rolling ?????????????
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:56 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHERE TO BEGIN ????? My Head Hurts

Go to the DIMIA website and get the forms.

www.immi.gov.au

This will give you a good idea about what sort of visa class you can apply for.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mack69uk
:scared: Me, wife and 16 year old planning to miggrate to Oz A.S.A.P, what is the first thing that we have to do to get the ball rolling ?????????????

decide if u want to go thro an agent or not........they can tell u what the chances are of gettin a visa, and what is the proper visa to apply for
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:13 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi!
We're very new at this too. First thing i did was to speak to AMA (agents) in Manchester. Sheila was extremely helpful and told us what to do next. Now in the process of collecting references from employers.
Good Luck!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:15 pm
Merlot

Ask as many questiosn as you like from this Forum as lots of people who can help.

Good luck

Merlot

Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi!
We're very new at this too. First thing i did was to speak to AMA (agents) in Manchester. Sheila was extremely helpful and told us what to do next. Now in the process of collecting references from employers.
Good Luck!
do you need trade papers or is a letter of reference from an employer enough??
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone mentioned that you need a forest load of paper to get through the TRA (trades recognition authority). With their approval you can then apply for one of the skilled visas.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:43 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

If your skill is one on the ozy list then trade papers are needed but not the be all and end all.
Its is all there in black n white on the dimma and tra web sites.

If you dont have trade papers then a proven history of full time work in said trade of at least six year may be enough.

What trade do you want to apply as skilled in ??????
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:57 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

My Hubby's a brickie but didn't get any 'paper' qualifications, so we've had to go back to previous employers to get references to say he did his training and then refs from then to now to say he has been on the tools and what an excellent bricklayer he is! Also a letter from accountant for his self employed period,etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perthforme
If your skill is one on the ozy list then trade papers are needed but not the be all and end all.
Its is all there in black n white on the dimma and tra web sites.

If you dont have trade papers then a proven history of full time work in said trade of at least six year may be enough.

What trade do you want to apply as skilled in ??????
i am a wall and floor tiler
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:08 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

i am a wall and floor tiler
Good news your on the list ASCO Code 4416-11 full 60 points
You will need to get the info together for your TRA assesment

Check out www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Read this back to front then back again its not as hard as it looks more a pain in neck getting hold of old bosses and suppliers etc.

If you get stuck ask us guys
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Eivets is an unknown quantity at this point

If you contact an agent and they give you an assessment, if they think you have a strong chance of application success they will probably offer you a 100% refund if you apply through them.
This is a good indicator that you have a strong application and if you want to save money you could well do the application yourself avoiding any agent fees.