Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where`s our pre grant letter?

Where`s our pre grant letter?

Old Aug 14th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Richard & Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where`s our pre grant letter?

We are still waiting to receive our pre - grant letter, we cant understand why we haven`t heared anything - it`s all gone very quiet.
We received the letter requesting the sponsorship bond money back on July 2nd, our sponsor sent all the relevant original forms from the ACB directly to the Adelaide Processing Centre on the 13th of July. We were told that they finalise the application immediately after receiving all the correct documents. So if this is true - why are we still none the wiser? Do they do this on purpose to stress people out even more than they are already? We are sick of waiting!!! We would be gratefull of any feedback on this, we would like to know how long some of you waited in the same position. Any help or advice would be great. Oh I also forgot to mention that our Agent has contacted Adelaide via e-mail about this, but she still hasn`t got back to us.

Cheers, Rich
Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Where`s our pre grant letter?

Hiya,

I understand what u r going thru as we are in the same position xcept we have no bond. The paperwork was sent mid July and still not a word! I suppose they might busy hmmmm all I can say is hang in there............

still waiting......
saloni
Old Aug 14th 2003, 3:34 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

I'm a stage ahead of you. They've got all the medicals, police reports, etc, and I'm waiting for them to request the bond money. How long were you waiting for that bit to happen?
I agree.... waiting sucks!!!

W.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

We can't understand the hold-up either. We completed the final requirements over a month ago, and all we are waiting for is the Visa - or rejection
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:59 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also in the same boat. DIMIA now have everything they need from us and our sponsors. A "decision" was going to be made at the end of July but we still haven't heard anything...not a sausage. We even have the bond money ready.

I admit it does seem to have gone very quiet lately. Guess they aren't in a rush any longer to get their quotas filled....??
Old Aug 15th 2003, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default ??? Where is it?

Hi all

After reading ur post i had to reply as we are in exactly the same position - particularly to richard & lisa. We sent off the bond and completed all the necessary documents during the last week of July...following this we put our house on the market and were made an offer the next day. However, I didn't want to accept anything until we knew for definite what was happening re the bond and we had the paperwork in our hands so i took the step of ringing the processing centre to which the lady actually confirmed that someone had reviewed our case that very day and that we had been granted a visa but the paperwork was pending....v.v.v. excited at the time but now feeling slightly dubious as it will have been almost 3-4 weeks since i spoke to them and still no sign!!! I rush home from work every day for the post and my boyfriend hangs on each morning for as long as he can to try and get the post but yet still nothing.....the waiting is awful!!

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2003, 8:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Our bond was sent at the begining of july. I e mailed my case officer last week and i got a response the next day ( to my amazement!) I now have a new case officer (number 3) who told me she has "up to 200 hundred visas to finalise at the moment, so it should take a couple of weeks" So good luck to you all, who bets they are 199th? (mines the 200th by the way )
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:40 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news....have just had an email from my Immigration Lawyer. She has written to our Case Officer (name: Jeff Lombard) and demanded to know why it was taking DIMIA so long to send our Sponsor THE letter that would allow him to open a Bank Account to put our Assurance of Support money into. Apparently, they are suppose to reply to emails within 48hrs.

The upshot of it was that he replied straight away and said that he was sending a letter to our sponsor that day (Monday)!! Hooray. This is the final piece of the puzzle now for our application. Once our sponsor has the letter in his hot little hand he can then go to the Commonwealth Bank and open an account to place our AUS$5,000 (+ AUS$150 admin charges - grrr). Once he's done that he sends a receipt to DIMIA and then they should be sending us notification that we have received our VISAs!!

It's only been 6 months since we sent our application off but it seems like AGES. I really feel for all those poor b*stards who had to wait 2 years for their applications to go through. I'd be bald by now from ripping out my hair waiting!

V