Reload this Page >

Brickies in Adelaide

Brickies in Adelaide

Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brickies in Adelaide

Hi
Just wondered whether anyone knew what the going rate was for a bricklayer in Adelaide. We have brickie friends in Sydney who take home approx $1000 per week, but realise that adelaide wages are alot lower.

We have family in Adelaide who send us the local papers with jobs in but none of the bricklaying jobs mention salary.

I've also been told that there is lots of building work going on in adelaide and that there is a desperate need for trades people.

Does anyone have any info they could give us.

Appreciate any advice
Cheers
Daihla.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brickies in Adelaide

Originally posted by The McGintys
Hi
Just wondered whether anyone knew what the going rate was for a bricklayer in Adelaide. We have brickie friends in Sydney who take home approx $1000 per week, but realise that adelaide wages are alot lower.

We have family in Adelaide who send us the local papers with jobs in but none of the bricklaying jobs mention salary.

I've also been told that there is lots of building work going on in adelaide and that there is a desperate need for trades people.

Appreciate any advice
Cheers
Daihla.
heard the other day they are getting $1a brick must be able to lay 200+ a day, and remember that is in 40 deg+ heat as well.... MM
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brickies in Adelaide

Originally posted by The McGintys
Hi

Appreciate any advice
Cheers
Daihla.

Hi Daihla,
my partner is a plasterer and he too has been told there is need for good tradesmen in Adelaide for the large amount of building work thats going on. however finding out the going rate has proved nigh on impossible. I had a link sent to me - dotn know if its any good for you - www.skilled.com.au - they are an agency who deal with builders etc , see if thats any good . I posted for info last week - if you do a search for 'plasterers in Adelaide' on this site some very kind souls sent me some info, that may be of use to you too.
good luck...
Sue
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to the SA government web site and look for the pay awards, this should give you some idea. Plenty of work around for trades.

Colin