Reload this Page >

When will we all get there ????

When will we all get there ????

Old Apr 26th 2002, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default When will we all get there ????

Hi Everyone
Sat here reading everyones threads and thinking to myself i wonder when will we all get there?
Does anybody sit and try and think ahead of what we have got to do when we do recieve that good piece of news,the house sale , etc , etc.? And like evryone says you will run round like a headless chicken.
I found myself saying to my nan today after she asked any news on australia yet ( because they dont believe we are going you know , i think no one does , we will show them )saying " no but we will be out there by christmas " You see i am even trying to convince myself now .
So when did you all apply and when do ( or did ) you expect to be in australia ? Or when ideally would you like to be there?
Joanne
Old Apr 26th 2002, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When will we all get there ????

Hi Joanne

When we applied back in Nov 2000 we thought we would be in Oz by June 2001. Silly us eh! With the timescales increasing we then thought it would be by Xmas 2001. But it was the planning ahead that got us through each month. We have just booked our flights for 25th June and are now doing the headless chicken thing!

Claire
Old Apr 26th 2002, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Joanne

We got my husband's spouse visa back within 6 weeks, so we've been running around like headless chickens since then and we aren't even arriving over there until October!!!
As we speak I have the shipping firm in putting all my nonessential stuff into storage until we move out of the house..you know, doing the neutralise and declutter thing the house doctor says to do to sell your house!!

I am constantly thinking about all the logistics of getting us from A to B, I think I saw somebody put it right on here somewhere, I've turned into a migration bore, I can't talk or think about much else at the moment, and I'm sure we are not alone in this...ask anyone else on this site.

I think people just don't want to believe that you might actually go, I'm sure there is an element of denial there on their part, but don't worry once that letter arrives, the elation you feel at knowing you can go will soon stop all the worrying and doubting.

IT WILL BE FANTASTIC!!!!

love sophia x
Old Apr 26th 2002, 2:38 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

I am finding at the moment because we have waited since January 2001 and have just got our visas (weren't expecting them until September) that we seem to have gone into a laid back mode, we have our house to sell and we hope to there by September. I keep having to give myself a prod and my hisband a shake saying come on we have to get on with this, we are actually going and need to get sorted. Ahh what a lot of things I need to do. Including do I buy all my christmas presents for family here before I go so that I don't have to think about it once out there, my god I only have 5 months. I'll have to stop spending so much time on this newsgroup, my lifeline for so long I can't not have a look 2 or 3 times a day!!!!!!!

If you see me on here chase me away!!!!!

Susan
Old Apr 26th 2002, 7:10 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

OK SUE....SHOOOOO SHOOOOOO

RIGHT OFF YOU GO TO DO THE JOBS THAT YOU NEED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT FAIR I WISH I WAS YOU!!

WE CANT GO TILL NEXT YEAR AT LEAST!!!!!!!!

GO ON SUE....BUZZZZZZZ OFF

YVONNW

ONLY DOING AS IM TOLD!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2002, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

yes I know, I am a moaner but I have to say it...

Applied March 2001, medicals were ok, brought some more papers at the end of July 2001 in person. The clerk who took them said to me that within two weeks I will be asked to come over to them with my passports to get my visa. Came home with the good news, runed like a headless chicken, sold or gave for free some furniture, books, etc... than the disaster strikes, after two weeks got an e-mail: new term for finalization October (lucky me, I didn't sell my flat!!). In October: new term February 2002; in February new term September 2002. I became paranoid and I hired an agent in March. He contacted my case officer and than told me that everything is OK with my application, there is nothing to worry about, it was just that there was an unusual situation and this lack of visas affected not only me but numerous other unlucky applicants, but the situation will normalize soon.
Now I was given a new term for finalization, July-August...hope everything will turn well in the end.
Old Apr 29th 2002, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joanne

Hope you're all well. Well, lucky you lot who are running around like headless chickens - I can't wait til I hear about our visas so I can at last join in the 'chicken race'.

I've emailed you Joanne about our timescale etc...but just in case anyone else is interested...we applied to London Aug 2001, and are waiting to get a letter to send in medicals. But we're umming and ahhing about whether to get the medicals done now, then send them in - don't want to waste money if they become invalid.

I understand the 'migration bore' theory. As soon as anyone asks "And have you heard anything from Australia yet..." I launch into a tirade of "God, no!!! I can't believe it's taking so long...I can't wait blah blah blah...." Then I see their eyes glaze over so I simper away and look on this site for a bit of moral support!!

Worse thing is, I've just heard some friends of friends of mine who applied to Adealaide in Dec 2001 and have already had medicals and looks like they'll be off in a few months. And they're only skilled independents like us. It's that London/Adelaide thing again.

Anyway, feeling happier that we're off on a research trip to Aus in a few weeks time!! HOORAHHH!! Me, hubby and 3 kids - we're going for 3 weeks and I can't wait. Only prob is, I'll return eager than ever and then the waiting really will be a nightmare.

CHINS UP EVERYONE - WE'LL BE THERE ONE DAY!!

Lisa B
x