In a tizwaz

Old Apr 10th 2002, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Kerry & Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In a tizwaz

Hi everyone,

We want to go to Oz, I want to be with my family. Does anyone else going through all of this sometimes just feel sick to the stomach?

I know I have to go through this to get there......but boy oh boy it never seems to leave my mind.........constantly thinking about it.

Anyway..........good luck to everyone whos amoung piles of paperwork, biros and cheques!

It will happen!
Old Apr 10th 2002, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In a tizwaz

As they say patience is a virtue... but I know how you feel. The frustration of checking the mail every day and being disappointed, knowing that it has only been two months since I sent in the spouse visa and that it will be a while yet.

It's the feeling that you just want to get on with things.

Anyway, I am sure our day will come..... sooner or later (sooner would definitely be better though!!!!)

All the best

Caz
Old Apr 10th 2002, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Kerry & cazsue, don't despair-look on the bright side, at least you will get your visas before most of the others on this site. We got my husbands spouse visa back within 6 weeks-that's sure better than having to wait 20 months.

Chin up, it'll happen soon and you'll be able to go home!
Old Apr 20th 2002, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point

We have our Visa now just and incredibly the butterfly's have at least halved!!
I think now its real we have it so that worry has gone.
I still worry about leaving my family but I dont have that constant sick feeling anymore.
Good luck and I hope you recieve that letter very soon
Old Apr 20th 2002, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your message Jasmin and congratulations.

Good luck with your move.

All the best

Caz
Old Apr 20th 2002, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kerry

There's lots of us who know exactly how you feel! Do you mean you feel sick because you're leaving your family in the UK? That's my worst worry. My mum is a nightmare and won't actually talk about us going cos it upsets her so much. Still, I just have to think of it that I've got to get on with my life with my husband and children now, and if I can give them a better life somewhere else, then it's worth it.

I think of it as having an adventure, starting again - if the worse comes to the worse and we return to UK in a couple of years (though can't see that happening) at least we can say 'Well, we gave it a go."

How long have you been waiting for your visa? We applied August 2001 for skilled independent visa and haven't had medicals or anything asked for yet...they say patience is a virtue, if only I had a bit!

Chin up everyone waiting!

Lisa B
Old Apr 28th 2002, 7:31 pm
Garyp

Hi Kerry,
We came back after 10 months due to me feeling that my children ought to be able to see their nan and visa versa.
Now, when it's raining or my tax bill comes in, and i think to myself "never mind, at least the kids can see my mum today" it doesnt help. so we are going back for a second try. It is hard leaving your family and friends but for us, (we live in Jersey) there are no oportuinities for our children when they leave school and they will never be able to but a house over here (first time buyers can expect to pay £270,000 upwards for a 3 bed semi).
So, it's back to aus in 18 months

Gaz

Old Apr 29th 2002, 11:30 am
Wardy

Hi Gaz, we live in Jersey too, we are leaving (hopefully), mainly because of house
prices and the weather - in winter mainly. We're heading for the Gold Coast. Wardy

Garyp <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... It is hard leaving your family and friends but
    > for us, (we live in Jersey) there are no oportuinities for our children when they
    > leave school and they will never be able to but a house over here (first time
    > buyers can expect to pay £270,000 upwards for a 3 bed semi). So, it's back to aus
    > in 18 months
    >
    > Gaz