when to sell up

Old May 9th 2007, 1:08 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default when to sell up

we have just started the long process of emigrating to oz on a 136 skilled visa , hopefully adelaide work pending. Can i ask when the best time is to plan on selling up i.e our house. It has already been on the market for 3 months as we were undecided about if we wanted to go. Now not sure if we will be selling too soon although the market is slow here at the moment.

any advise. My instinct is to sell, move into rented and stick the euity in a high interest account. that way if we get rejected we can just apply for another mortgage here. What do you guys think??
Old May 9th 2007, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when to sell up

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
we have just started the long process of emigrating to oz on a 136 skilled visa , hopefully adelaide work pending. Can i ask when the best time is to plan on selling up i.e our house. It has already been on the market for 3 months as we were undecided about if we wanted to go. Now not sure if we will be selling too soon although the market is slow here at the moment.

any advise. My instinct is to sell, move into rented and stick the euity in a high interest account. that way if we get rejected we can just apply for another mortgage here. What do you guys think??
Hi, yes do it sell it!!! we've got the visa! just waiting to sell the house, wish we'd have had the guts to sell before the visa was granted
Old May 9th 2007, 1:13 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Thanks curly, scary isnt it!!
Old May 9th 2007, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks curly, scary isnt it!!
yes
Old May 9th 2007, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Do exactly what you have suggested. You have answered your own question. I think it is a very good choice.
Old May 9th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Do exactly what you have suggested. You have answered your own question. I think it is a very good choice.
Well we have put our house up for sale and we have not yet had TRA decision. Application was sent to TRA on 18 April so hopefully not much longer. We decided to put house on market just in case it takes ages to sell, we can always go into rented if everything works out ok, if we get a knockback with TRA then the house will come of the market.

Nicky
Old May 9th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future

thats what we are doing too.and we haven't even sent the tra off yet.-next week hopefully-if the tra say no apart from the fact i will cry we would be moving to a different school catchment area for our oldest son any way covering all options.go for it.you only live once.
Old May 9th 2007, 4:43 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We signed the contracts for our house sale last week, got medicals next week, move out of our house 20th July hoping our visa will be granted by then or just after as we will be homeless!.......

We are crazy!

C
Old May 9th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

We put our house on the market and were a bit stunned when we sold it five days later - we've been trying to delay things ever since! Luckily our buyers aren't in a chain so it's all worked out ok - visa grant finally arrived last Thursday, we exchange 31st May and leave the UK on 6th June. Trying to get all the pieces of the jigsaw to fall into place at the same time is generally a nightmare - I think you're in a better position though once you sell, you can always rent short term if necessary. You don't want prospective buyers knowing that you're desperate!
Old May 9th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

The Moore Family will become famous soon enoughThe Moore Family will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: when to sell up

Originally Posted by carmele
We signed the contracts for our house sale last week, got medicals next week, move out of our house 20th July hoping our visa will be granted by then or just after as we will be homeless!.......

We are crazy!

C
We are in the same position as you, we put our house on the market at the beginning of April thinking it would probably take a little while to sell and it sold within 4 days. Now we are really worried that we won't get our visas in time. We move out second week of August!!!! Don't know if we will be homeless or not.

Good luck

Nicky
Old May 9th 2007, 8:55 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! some of you are amazingly brave! We have only just sent TRA back to agent - only to have to deal with yet another little problem - but have not really thought about the house going on the market.
Old May 9th 2007, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Into Oz we hope is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ,reading all the comment's WOW. We are in similar position. Passed TRA eventually, sent our visa yesterday. thinking of when to put house on market etc ,some brave people out there,good luck!!!!!!!
Old May 10th 2007, 7:09 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

After much thought we have decided it's much better to sell early and rent 'til we go-at least that way the equity is ready to go (and still earning interest) and there will be no last minute nightmares such as delayed sale or worse a fall through. If renting this end before heading out it's hopefully only for a short time so the place you choose doesn't need to be great so you can save on the rent too (less nice rental properties more likely to allow pets, kids etc and rent for shorter term (6 mths) just to get someone in (i have the joy of working for a buy-to-let landlord so spk from experience).
Old May 10th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

I think instinct sounds the best idea!

We have just put our house up for sale and will go into rented if need be. We're not putting our 136 in until October, but didn't want to pay the HIP starting 1st June, so I'm sure we'll end up homeless.

Would hate to wait to get the visa and then have to wait to sell the house, far too impatient.......... .

Just go for it! Good luck!

Dawn & Ste
Old May 10th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: when to sell up

OMG, were just sorting out our TRA with our agency and hopefully will submit it soon, hadn't even thought about putting the house up for sale until well after we send in our Visa application. Are we being nieve or are other's out there leaving it until then too??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.