When to sell???

Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default When to sell???

Hi guys,
i know its only really early days for us, STILL awaiting the TRA result but my question is: When to put the bungalow on the market? we would be able to move in with family so that is not a problem and if for any reason we werent' granted our visas we would sell anyway!
i am thinking in the new year possibly mid Jan? what do you think? as you know i work for an agents so i know how easy/difficult it can be to sell and get things through to completion! just wanted some views on what you'd do, maybe in hindsight.
thanks in advance
rach
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you can move in with your parents and you don't mind doing this, I would sell asap. Most people on here are being delayed because of houses not selling or falling through.

As you know January picks up a bit ( after Christmas) and you would probably sell it by the Spring. It depends how long you want to live with your parents! If you put it on now and sell before Christmas you could be staying with them for a while!

Good luck with your decision!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rach, well with my infinate estate agent knowladge ( )
i'd say wait till you get a positve result from the TRA then do all them jobs that need doing (you know the ones) and then stick it on! Good luck with it all anyway
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When to sell???

Hi Rach,

We put our house on the market at the beginning of January, our application only went in at the end of February. Our house has eventually sold and we will complete at the end of October. We were certain that even if the visas don't come through we are going to move anyway.

Things were very slow on the house sale even though we are in the SE and houses were selling within weeks just before Christmas. The market came to almost a complete standstill around us. We are very glad that we put the house on the market early but you just never know. It only takes one buyer looking at the right time!

We will be moving in with family / friends for the next few months hoping like hell our visas come through by Christmas, but if not we'll just have to overstay our welcome for another few months!

:scared:

It's so much fun this waiting game!

Best of luck
Hazel
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was a bit more confident about getting our Visa (got it in May)
I think that we would have put the house on the market before it was granted.
The messing about trying to sell at this time has been more stressfull than waiting for the Visa.
You need to consider house prices could fall. But even if they don't fall, the media are hyping a downturn which is having an effect on buyers. They are holding back, trying to cut the price and changing their minds.

If you intend to sell even if you don't get the Visa, I would be tempted to put it on the market. (Perhapse over priced)
You wouldn't want to be disapointed at a later date, when you have your Visa you will be wanting to go ASAP.

Tony C
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Overpriced!!!

Originally posted by crabtree
If I was a bit more confident about getting our Visa (got it in May)
I think that we would have put the house on the market before it was granted.
The messing about trying to sell at this time has been more stressfull than waiting for the Visa.
You need to consider house prices could fall. But even if they don't fall, the media are hyping a downturn which is having an effect on buyers. They are holding back, trying to cut the price and changing their minds.

If you intend to sell even if you don't get the Visa, I would be tempted to put it on the market. (Perhapse over priced)
You wouldn't want to be disapointed at a later date, when you have your Visa you will be wanting to go ASAP.

Tony C
Thanks for your advice although i must say i did laugh when you said put it on 'perhaps over priced', don't all agents over price to 'weigh up' the extortionate fees they charge!!!!
thanks again for your post!
best regards
rach

p.s. i don't think that the market is dropping but maybe levelling out here in Poole anyway!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default TinaJ

Originally posted by tinaj
If you can move in with your parents and you don't mind doing this, I would sell asap. Most people on here are being delayed because of houses not selling or falling through.

As you know January picks up a bit ( after Christmas) and you would probably sell it by the Spring. It depends how long you want to live with your parents! If you put it on now and sell before Christmas you could be staying with them for a while!

Good luck with your decision!
Thanks TinaJ
thats what i thought probably put it on with who i work with and one another agent just after the new year as long as that bloody tra assessment comes through by then!
mum's got 2 rooms going begging so we won't mind staying with her for a bit and if all else fails we could move in with the MIL (oh god i hope that it doesn't come to that!!!)
best wishes
rach
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: When to sell???

Originally posted by Rudy

"It's so much fun this waiting game!"

Best of luck
Hazel
Oh no it isn't!!!!!!!

Old Sep 9th 2003, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Hi Rach

As you know our place is on the market - we are still waiting for our visas. We knew that there was no way that we could stay here visa or not (catchment area for secondary schools dodgy). If we don't get the visas we will have to move out of the MIL's (hope it doesn't have to happen) place and buy our own in QE or Corfe Hills catchment.

The way the market is at the moment it is probably best to get the house moving. I think that getting rid of the lemon - sorry house will be the sticking point for us so put it on early!!

Mand