Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When do we pay the stamp duty

When do we pay the stamp duty

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default When do we pay the stamp duty

We have just sold our house and are in the process of buying again. Now I am sure that we have to pay the stamp duty prior to settlement.
Can anyone clarify this?
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:09 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When do we pay the stamp duty

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We have just sold our house and are in the process of buying again. Now I am sure that we have to pay the stamp duty prior to settlement.
Can anyone clarify this?
I think our cheque was ready before settlement like a week or a few days before , ask your agent they will know.
Where is new pad ?, congrates
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Havent got a new pad yet, cant find anything, will be out looking again tommorrow........we have just finished putting the new kitchen in, Mick has painted the house (AGAIN!!).........and guess who wants it...........Lynn!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:16 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent got a new pad yet, cant find anything, will be out looking again tommorrow........we have just finished putting the new kitchen in, Mick has painted the house (AGAIN!!).........and guess who wants it...........Lynn!!!!
That reminds me i love that film single white female :scared:
Only joking She will be getting a nice place , wot you doing with the spa
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:18 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone clarify this?
Sandra

Stamp duty has to be paid before settlement, the settlement agent normally sends you through a bill for their services and one for your stamp duty within 6 seconds of you having signed your offer and acceptance, but i don't think it has to be paid untill close to settlement time (better off in your bank account than theirs).

Happy hunting i do not envy you one little bit, although looking is always fun, finding is a different story.

Lynn
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:36 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Good luck on the house hunting Sandra.
I seem to recall there being one house viewing in Kinross this w/e!

(PS I haven't seen your four legged beast on my dog walking excursions yet)