Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When can book an interview?

When can book an interview?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:32 am
happygolucky

Default When can book an interview?

Hello everyone,

Given that it is likely that the new citizenship rules may apply from July 1, 2006, when is the earliest date that I can call DIMIA up and book an interview date. My two year period would end in the first week of JUne 2006.
Can DIMIA refuse to book an interview, if I call them up now, on the ground that it is far too early.

thanks everyone for your replies.

Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:00 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: When can book an interview?

Originally Posted by happygolucky
Hello everyone,

Given that it is likely that the new citizenship rules may apply from July 1, 2006, when is the earliest date that I can call DIMIA up and book an interview date. My two year period would end in the first week of JUne 2006.
Can DIMIA refuse to book an interview, if I call them up now, on the ground that it is far too early.

thanks everyone for your replies.
In Victoria their diary only goes about 2 mths in advance so that is how far ahead they can take bookings. We made a booking for January 18th 2006 on about the 10th Nov 2005 to give you some idea. Might differ from state to state though.