Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when to book dog in kennels

when to book dog in kennels

Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default when to book dog in kennels

hi my visa should be through by the end of the year and am hoping to fly out spring 08.....am just wondering when do you think i should book the dogs into quarantine/kennels in sydney??i know they have a waiting list but am bit scared bout booking till we have the visa?

any help'll be appreciated!!!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: when to book dog in kennels

Hi,

are you sure there is a waiting list at Sydney? We are using Jetsforpets who have told me that Perth has the waiting list but Sydney should be no problem. I'd be interested to know where you got that from cos if true then I guess I'll have to start worrying!!

olias
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:24 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kendalanita
hi my visa should be through by the end of the year and am hoping to fly out spring 08.....am just wondering when do you think i should book the dogs into quarantine/kennels in sydney??!!!
You need to get your dogs an import permit first before you can book them into the quarantine kennels. Easy to do.

But wouldn't worry about that just yet. Wait for the visa. Plenty of time till spring '08.

Gina
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
Hi,

are you sure there is a waiting list at Sydney? We are using Jetsforpets who have told me that Perth has the waiting list but Sydney should be no problem. I'd be interested to know where you got that from cos if true then I guess I'll have to start worrying!!

olias
I wouldn't worry. I'm using Golden Arrow and they said that yes there is a waiting list but it's not that bad. Perth is a bit worse than Sydney I think.

If you're using an agent and know when you're going I'd get them booked in. My dogs flights have been booked a while now and we're not going until the end of August.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Tracey,

we should know by the end of this month when we are going and will then have (hopefully) two months to sort everything which should be enough if there's only a short waiting list

Olias
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
Thanks Tracey,

we should know by the end of this month when we are going and will then have (hopefully) two months to sort everything which should be enough if there's only a short waiting list

Olias
2 months should be fine
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

WHERE BOUTS IN CUMBRIA ARE YOU OLIAS??
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

just outside Penrith

I'm going to JCU in Townsville as a mature student next year but we're going over early on tourist visas as soon as house sale goes through. Bricking it a t the moment with all me eggs in one basket as it were

What about you? (The Kendal bit I guessed)

Olias
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are going in (hopefully) on a skilled migration visa - my OH is an overhead linesman but we are struggling getting him a job from this end - his job is on the 'most wanted' list but its proving impossible to secure something from here and unfortunately he says he wants a job secured before he goes so all proving a bit tricky at the mo! Hoping ours will be through by end of year but we are going out in Oct to do a reccie trip and maybe get some interviews - fingers crossed.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

...I am sure I have seen overhead linesman positions in Oz advertised in a UK national newspaper recently. If your OH keeps an eye on the tabloids they tend to advertise in them.

Olias
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Its somthing we are debating at the moment when to book the flights and quarantine. We now have the pet licence and we are hoping to go to perth by november. We havnt got our visas yet so are worried to book the dog in yet, and have been told perth has a 2 monthn wait at the moment. The good news is that the pet exporters said we can change the flights at no extra cost but its wether we can change dates at quarantine thats the problem. I think we will make decision in next couple of days
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah we have seen adverts in the sun newspaper, we sent his application off yet again but heard nothing at all (we have sent it about 3 times now). Ergon electricity is also advertising so we have sent a couple of applications there too but not heard anything as yet. Think I will ring or email the Sydney kennels and just check how long their waiting list is at the moment - think it will be spring before we get there. My daughter emigrates to Cairns on 25th of this month so want to get out there ASAP!!