Whats the time?

Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Whats the time?

Daylight saving ends

March 28, 2004
DAYLIGHT saving has ended in New South Wales, Victoria, the ACT, Tasmania and South Australia.

People in those states should have put their clocks back one hour overnight for an extra sleep-in.

This brings Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Hobart into line with Brisbane's time.

They're now half an hour ahead of Adelaide and Darwin, and two hours ahead of Perth.

Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory do not observe daylight saving.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:04 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reminder BP,

I always find it handy that the clocks go forward here on the same weekend when yours go back, and vice versa.

I'll have to remind my sister in Adelaide to alter her little clock that she keeps on UK time.

Elaine M
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whats the time?

Originally posted by bondipom
Daylight saving ends

March 28, 2004
DAYLIGHT saving has ended in New South Wales, Victoria, the ACT, Tasmania and South Australia.

People in those states should have put their clocks back one hour overnight for an extra sleep-in.

This brings Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Hobart into line with Brisbane's time.

They're now half an hour ahead of Adelaide and Darwin, and two hours ahead of Perth.

Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory do not observe daylight saving.

The only thing i am grateful for, is the extra hour i got in bed this morning to recover from my birthday party!!...

Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:12 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by podgypossum
The only thing i am grateful for, is the extra hour i got in bed this morning to recover from my birthday party!!...

Hi PP,

That's what you get for having your birthday on the right weekend!

Looks like you all had a great time if the pics are anything to go by; did the face paint come off ok?

Many happy returns of the day.

Elaine M
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:16 am

That means for those calling Sydney from London the time difference is 9 hours.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi PP,

That's what you get for having your birthday on the right weekend!

Looks like you all had a great time if the pics are anything to go by; did the face paint come off ok?

Many happy returns of the day.

Elaine M

Than Elaine...we all had a really good night...i not been that slaughtered for a long time!!... i will try to post the pic of my painted face later.... Bill spent 20 mins getting the paint off my face this morning
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:51 am

Sorry BP for digressing on your thread

If calling Adelaide from the UK the time difference is now 8 and a half hours......

I feel a bit like the speaking clock!

Elaine M
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:59 am
Badge

Of course, for those of us who wanted to watch the rugby from Paris at about 6am, we had to use 10 hours, not 9, as the time change had been effective in VIC at that time at c. 6am, but not yet effective in Europe. (It was still only Saturday afternoon -evening).

Most of us put our clocks when we go to bed, but night workers have to account for EXACTLY when the time change is effective. Normally it is 0200 BST in the UK. So we won't get the full 9 hr difference until midday Sunday...ie in a few mins time!!! I could be wrong...

Is the 9hr difference more 'convenient' than the 11hr differance for us expats calling our partners/mates in the UK. Discuss.

Badge:lecture:

Last edited by badgersmount; Mar 28th 2004 at 1:03 am.

Old Mar 28th 2004, 1:27 am

It is easier for those calling from Oz in the afternoon to the UK morning. It is harder for those calling the ASPC.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 1:39 am

Originally posted by Elaine M
Sorry BP for digressing on your thread

If calling Adelaide from the UK the time difference is now 8 and a half hours......

I feel a bit like the speaking clock!

Elaine M
Who cares. Glad you all had a good night out.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:50 am

And slowly the UKers log on 2 hours earlier than yesterday.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

And slowly the UKers log on 2 hours earlier than yesterday.
I prefer the 11 hour difference. It's easier to work out the time
And I can phone at either end of my day. But for the next 6 months I'll only be able to phone during my morning.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Daylight saving ends

March 28, 2004

Bloodyhell....thats a bit confusing.........