Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's so good about Australia

What's so good about Australia

Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Cool What's so good about Australia

Sunday was my birthday. We went to the local beach - Shelly beach in Manly and went for a dive. We walked in of the beach! How cool is that. Back home in the Uk, our local beach was weston-super-mare. For anyone who has never been there, there is about a mile of mudflats between the beach and the sea. Try wading through that in 20 kilos of dive gear!! (My wife got stuck in it when she was little. Her welly boots are still there to this day!)
After a dive we had a picnic on the beach with some friends and a few beers.
Thats what I love about austalia.
How about you lot?
Nick
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's so good about Australia

Originally Posted by igual
Sunday was my birthday. We went to the local beach - Shelly beach in Manly and went for a dive. We walked in of the beach! How cool is that. Back home in the Uk, our local beach was weston-super-mare. For anyone who has never been there, there is about a mile of mudflats between the beach and the sea. Try wading through that in 20 kilos of dive gear!! (My wife got stuck in it when she was little. Her welly boots are still there to this day!)
How about you lot?
Nick
Its hard to put into words Nick, but we have been here 7 months and have spent more time outdoors here than we did in glasgow in the last 7 years
but thats only one thing, let me ponder on the rest
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
Its hard to put into words Nick, but we have been here 7 months and have spent more time outdoors here than we did in glasgow in the last 7 years
but thats only one thing, let me ponder on the rest
yeh soapy, but lets be fair. Its not safe to go outdoors in Glasgow!!!! :scared:

Nick
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

How about you lot?
Nick
The mud is ok, it's the day-trippers from Bristol, Brum and Wales that make it unbearable

We have a mile-long beach with golden sand and clear blue water hidden away and for residents' use only...

I must be mad wanting to swap the Severn Estuary for the Indian Ocean...
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

yeh soapy, but lets be fair. Its not safe to go outdoors in Glasgow!!!! :scared:

Nick
that wasnt the problem. it was the weather. it kept u home for most of the year.
after work i would just sit and watch telly cos it was too bloody cold.
here we can sit in the garden or nip to a beach.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
The mud is ok, it's the day-trippers from Bristol, Brum and Wales that make it unbearable

We have a mile-long beach with golden sand and clear blue water hidden away and for residents' use only...

If you love weston you'll love the pokies here (big winnings slot machines). Grab some fish and chips and pour money into the slot machines while moaning about the weather. The true W-S-M experience.

Nick
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:00 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... I spent today having laugh with the girls, playing in the pool with my kids and having a drink, a swim and a BBQ with good friends.

Oh! and the sun was shining over Perth on a 38 degree day.

THAT'S what I love about Australia.

Siren
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Siren
Hmmm... I spent today having laugh with the girls, playing in the pool with my kids and having a drink, a swim and a BBQ with good friends.

Oh! and the sun was shining over Perth on a 38 degree day.

THAT'S what I love about Australia.

Siren
is that all
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
is that all
Ummm three days of almost constant rain in Brisbane, parents arrived just before it started. So trying to convince them that this really is the sunshine state

And the weather forecast is for storms for the next few days, oh joy
Cheers,
JTL
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:46 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ummm three days of almost constant rain in Brisbane, parents arrived just before it started. So trying to convince them that this really is the sunshine state

Cheers,
JTL
Chin up tropical storms are cool. Plus its nice to have a change
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek

Easy tiger! I'll be one of those Bristolian day trippers on Sunday - coming down to run in the Wyvern Christmas Cracker.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Cheers,
JTL
Couldn't resist a little cut'n'paste after that.......anyone who thinks its always sunny in Qld? Get real!

=====================================
BRISBANE METROPOLITAN AREA
Showers, tending to rain at times. Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Some
moderate to locally heavy falls possible. Mostly moderate N to NE winds.
Brisbane for Friday ... MIN 21 MAX 25
Bayside for Friday ... MIN 21 MAX 25

Saturday ... Showers, possible storm. MIN 21 MAX 29
Sunday ... Showers, possible storm. MIN 20 MAX 30
Monday ... Afternoon shower/storm. MIN 21 MAX 32
Old Dec 9th 2004, 2:38 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh yes, and then theres the humidity......... won't be long before you'll all be falling out with each other over the blessed humidity.......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Couldn't resist a little cut'n'paste after that.......anyone who thinks its always sunny in Qld? Get real!

=====================================
BRISBANE METROPOLITAN AREA
Showers, tending to rain at times. Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Some
moderate to locally heavy falls possible. Mostly moderate N to NE winds.
Brisbane for Friday ... MIN 21 MAX 25
Bayside for Friday ... MIN 21 MAX 25

Saturday ... Showers, possible storm. MIN 21 MAX 29
Sunday ... Showers, possible storm. MIN 20 MAX 30
Monday ... Afternoon shower/storm. MIN 21 MAX 32
Old Dec 9th 2004, 3:29 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Nick
Who told you that!? There are so many misconceptions about Glasgow and the 'Scots'
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Who told you that!? There are so many misconceptions about Glasgow and the 'Scots'
now now now, dont u be getting all wound up. he was having a laugh

soapy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.