Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats Redcliffe like ?

whats Redcliffe like ?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default whats Redcliffe like ?

Is it a nice place to live for young familys ? and what are the schools like there ?
i would be gratefull for any info, thanks
lucy
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: whats Redcliffe like ?

Originally posted by wombat
Is it a nice place to live for young familys ? and what are the schools like there ?
lucy
Hi Lucy
thought i'd bring this back to the top for you as its an area we may look at!
regards
rach
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:32 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Sorry, is that Redcliffe in Perth or somewhere else in Aus?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

lucy

If you are talking about Redcliffe near Brisbane, it was featured on the programme "Get a New Life" the other day.
It was commented that it is mainly a type of retirement place I.E. quite a lot of older people.

I just want to confirm this isn't my view, just comments made on the programme but it would be interesting getting views off people who actually live in the area.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:31 pm
earlswood

lucy

Hi Wombat,

If you mean Redcliffe Brisbane the Foggies have been living there for the last 2 months and have posted some info recently.

Watch out for Ceri's posts though she has lived there and hasn't got a good thing to say about it!! (or most places nearby actually )

Earlswood

Old Jan 11th 2004, 10:12 pm
ABCDiamond

Redcliffe Brisbane, seems to be getting better than it used to be.

Once the old houses are demolished and replaced with new ones, and I think it will happen, I reckon it will be a great place.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

We spent a day at Redcliffe about a month ago and thought it was great. I have to disagree with the programme 'Get a New Life' as I wouldn't have thought of Redcliffe as a place for retirees.

We saw lots of young families and the atmosphere on the main stretch of sand was so laid back and very pleasant. We even looked at properties in the area as we liked it so much.

However I've decided that if we ever move from the Western suburbs it would have to be to a place called Wellington Point. I thought this place was gorgeous with a not too big village which had a real bayside buzz.

Diana
Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by PADDAD
We spent a day at Redcliffe about a month ago and thought it was great. I have to disagree with the programme 'Get a New Life' as I wouldn't have thought of Redcliffe as a place for retirees.

We saw lots of young families and the atmosphere on the main stretch of sand was so laid back and very pleasant. We even looked at properties in the area as we liked it so much.

However I've decided that if we ever move from the Western suburbs it would have to be to a place called Wellington Point. I thought this place was gorgeous with a not too big village which had a real bayside buzz.

Diana
Wellington Point, well worth a visit for everyone coming over to Brisbane area. and they do nice Fish & Chips at the cafe on the Point.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cherry6
Sorry, is that Redcliffe in Perth or somewhere else in Aus?
sorry, i meant Redcliffe in Queensland thanks for the replies.
lucy