Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats a raincheck?

whats a raincheck?

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future
Question whats a raincheck?

hi

Know it sounds really thick, but my philosophy is that if you don't know ask.
Just reading the target website
http://www.target.com.au/html/services/services2.htm
and it keeps mentioning getting a raincheck, what does that mean?
Probably quite an obvious answer, but hey I'm feeling particularly thick today!!!

Thanks,

Gothchick
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats a raincheck?

I think its the same as putting stuff on lay by, not totally sure though!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gothchick
hi

Probably quite an obvious answer, but hey I'm feeling particularly thick today!!!

Thanks,

Gothchick
Means that if they have run out of whatever the item is you can ask them to get one in for you and get it at the catalogue price

gedge has disabled reputation

hi

Thanks,

Gothchick
strangely enough it's on Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_(Australia)
Raincheck: In accordance with government requirements, Target offers the Raincheck service, which allows the customer to leave their desire for unavailable stock with the store, and, upon its dispatch from the respective Target Distribution Centre, the customer is notified via post. The customer is not required to pay for this service and no fees are charged by the store.
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Thanks,

Gothchick
a raincheck, is if something is not in stock, they will order it for you and put it aside at the price that it is currently being offered at (me thinks )
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
a raincheck, is if something is not in stock, they will order it for you and put it aside at the price that it is currently being offered at (me thinks )
it's a government requirement here, but it's the first time i've heard the term
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Means that if they have run out of whatever the item is you can ask them to get one in for you and get it at the catalogue price
ok that clears it up then,
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
I think its the same as putting stuff on lay by, not totally sure though!!
Is lay-by where they have it and put it aside for you to pay for later (eg buy Xmas presents now)?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Is lay-by where they have it and put it aside for you to pay for later (eg buy Xmas presents now)?
In effect yes.
You pay a bit towards it, get a receipt and its put aside. The you get given a certain amount of time to pay it off. Its really popular
The raincheck I'd never heard of
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by worzel
Yeh it is havent done it yet but a friend told me as all the toy sales are on you can actually put them on lay by till xmas which is pretty good.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:02 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a handy aspect of lay-by I discovered.

I needed 4 duvet covers that looked the same. I went to one Target and they only had 2. I went to the lay-by counter and they rang another store who had 2. The other store put them on lay-by for 3 days (no deposit required) and I picked them up the following day when I was passing.

Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:19 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Yeh it is havent done it yet but a friend told me as all the toy sales are on you can actually put them on lay by till xmas which is pretty good.
we've done it this year, fab is all i can say. i go in every week and pay something off. my sister did it last year before we came out, and i thought "buying stuff on tick, humph, there's no way i would do that". and here i am doing it
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we've done it this year, fab is all i can say. i go in every week and pay something off. my sister did it last year before we came out, and i thought "buying stuff on tick, humph, there's no way i would do that". and here i am doing it
dont forget though, a friend lost something she'd practically paid off as she forgot and it went past the time line
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:48 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
dont forget though, a friend lost something she'd practically paid off as she forgot and it went past the time line
it is until christmas eve, and they are some of the kids crimbo pressies, so i hope i dont forget!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

hi

Thanks,

Gothchick
It's ok, i must be thick too as i never knew what it meant.

I've only just realised what lay-by is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.