Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats good about England?

Whats good about England?

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

matt k is an unknown quantity at this point

warm beer from the hand pump in winter, cold larger from the tap summer, so should be drinking loads of ice cold beer in Perth
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:04 pm
WBB

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Here you go Billy.....Enjoy
oh bugger it, diet over i'm going out for a chinky.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:06 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by WBB
ggrrrrr i am trying to lose a bit of weight guys, this is the last thing i need to be reading.
A couple of links:

making the perfect fish and chips at home
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,17...+chips,FF.html

Pictures of all things English food wise, scroll down the page you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain...cts.htm#Sweets
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:07 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

you guys are really cruel. Here am I stuck in Northern Germany with schnitzel and sauerkraut and you're posting about things like fish and chips and curries. My two favourite british foods and both impossible to get in Flensburg.

However I do have one light at the end of the tunnel as we are off to Berlin for our interview next friday, so hoping to find an indian restaurant and binge !!! To find a proper fish and chip shop as well would be just too much to hope for.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

g and l is an unknown quantity at this point

Start a fight with the waiter afterwards, that'll burn loads of calories!..so i've been told.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:09 pm
WBB

boiled rice and chicken for me tonight i think.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:09 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by WBB
oh bugger it, diet over i'm going out for a chinky.

You are going to bugger a chinky?????????
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nicholls clan
A couple of links:

making the perfect fish and chips at home
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,17...+chips,FF.html

Pictures of all things English food wise, scroll down the page you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain...cts.htm#Sweets

Nichols Clan, bless you. I might have to give this a go.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:11 pm
Home in 2010.

Originally posted by WBB
boiled rice and chicken for me tonight i think.

Boiled rice is healthy, as apposed to fried
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by matt k
warm beer from the hand pump in winter, cold larger from the tap summer, so should be drinking loads of ice cold beer in Perth
Got to be hand pump for me

G
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:34 pm
WBB

brace yourself.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

hectashouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

couldn't have put it better myself! I'm a brit looking to migrate to nz next summer, and after 33 years here, good tv, beer and a few castles aren't much good when you can barely afford to rent a place to live to enjoy them from, or even get there cos some 15 yr old scumbag's trashed ya car! don't get me wrong, i love SOME aspects of being english - but lately i been feeling like i can have a much better standard of living elsewhere.

Originally posted by Stormz
I hope I can be objective as an Aussie in the UK for the last 10 years...

- scenery (much greener and alot more trees... Aus just can`t compete, although Aus beaches are much better).
- weather (seriously... I know the rain can be a pain sometimes but after being in Aus where the weather is either sunny and hot for days/weeks and then heavy rain for days the weather in the UK is so refreshing and unpredictable. Aus weather was boring for me).
- History (love the castles and histrorical places)
- Character.... not every town and village is the same.... it`s brilliant. In Aus it`s all lego land.
- travel opportunities.... with Europe on your doorstep you get even more of all the above.
- TV is better here.

The only bad stuff (imo) in the UK is the cost of living, the transport system, and other annoying things to do with cost of living and not getting anywhere fast (like the over-inflated housing market).
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:11 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB
i will miss nothing about wales, honestly. have you ever been over the ditch?

family and friends excluded, of course.
Tsk, tsk, WBB.

Oxwich bay in January. Rhosili on a misty morning. Castell Koch on days it's closed to the tourists (ditto Cardiff Castle). The Brecon Beacons under snow in Winter...

And I'm not even Welsh!!

Anya.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:17 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB
sounds about right, i'm just down the road from merthyr in Port Toilet, you can smell the place for miles around.

:scared:
Yes, and you can see the orange haze from about Bristol, too. Did you know that Jersey Marine used to be the place to go for its clean air, too (in about 1800)?

Disgusting what the English did to Wales, eh? Cymru Am Byth!

Anya-the-stirrer
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
you guys are really cruel. Here am I stuck in Northern Germany with schnitzel and sauerkraut and you're posting about things like fish and chips and curries. My two favourite british foods and both impossible to get in Flensburg.

However I do have one light at the end of the tunnel as we are off to Berlin for our interview next friday, so hoping to find an indian restaurant and binge !!! To find a proper fish and chip shop as well would be just too much to hope for.
You think it is cruel to talk about fish and chips, you just did it for me, I am craving that Schnitzel and Zigeunersauce rather then Sauerkraut. See what i mean about perception.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.