Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the easiest way to pay/transfer money to Oz

What's the easiest way to pay/transfer money to Oz

Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:49 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default What's the easiest way to pay/transfer money to Oz

Hi BE

I've organised bank accounts in Oz and I'm now looking at ways of paying monies into the accounts in readiness for us arriving in Oz in the middle of February.

How have people transferred money in the past and which is the easiest, cheapest, best exchange rate?

I'm presently looking at OzForex and bank CHAPS payment. Would it be better to wait until I'm in Oz and then just pay in funds using a bank cheque (not sure if I can even do this! ). Some thoughts and advice would be appreciated for someone who is quite niaive in these matters, especially as this is my first time out of Europe!

Many thanks

Ali
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's the easiest way to pay/transfer money to Oz

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi BE

I've organised bank accounts in Oz and I'm now looking at ways of paying monies into the accounts in readiness for us arriving in Oz in the middle of February.

How have people transferred money in the past and which is the easiest, cheapest, best exchange rate?

I'm presently looking at OzForex and bank CHAPS payment. Would it be better to wait until I'm in Oz and then just pay in funds using a bank cheque (not sure if I can even do this! ). Some thoughts and advice would be appreciated for someone who is quite niaive in these matters, especially as this is my first time out of Europe!

Many thanks

Ali
OzForex or hiFX will probably give you a way better rate than banking a cheque for large amount of cash. Small amounts there are other agencies who have better rates. Look up transfers or another key word on here.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Ali,

We had bond money to send over and looked at banks as well as Ozforex, etc. Opted for Ozforex as it was a much better rate and it was really simple to get registered. Always a worry sending money via an org you've never used before but with all the good reports I've read about them on here had no qualms about using them. The money got to the other side within 4 days.

Ann
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ali,

I just pm'd you as my message describes how I chose to do a transaction, recently completed, its a bit of a long winded message with lots of detail, just hope it helps a little.

Kev
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:09 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BE

Many thanks

Ali
Use OZForex but get in quick the rates a cracker at the moment...
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

ARGY is an unknown quantity at this point

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AND KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, HOWEVER WE ARE LOOKING AT 4XCC.COM I LIKE THE LIVE RATE PAGE.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Ozforex many times. Twice for large amounts (house sale proceeds) Never had a problem. They are very helpful too if you need to call them.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ali,
could you please pass the info from the pm I sent you to kflee0 when he contacts you, many thanks. (I lost the original)

Kev.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:20 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Will do. Once again many thanks for the sound advice.

Ali
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do. Once again many thanks for the sound advice.

Ali