Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chemical Pool to Saltwater pool

Chemical Pool to Saltwater pool

Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:20 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Chemical Pool to Saltwater pool

Ok - I could be being dim here but I really prefer saltwater pools - we stayed at various places in Queensland and really preferred them and know they are supposed to be easier to maintain - anyway if we find the ideal house with a pool and it is chemical - is it easy to switch i.e put new water in + salt instead of chemicals or is it more complex. Thanks,

Rebecca
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chemical Pool to Saltwater pool

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Ok - I could be being dim here but I really prefer saltwater pools - we stayed at various places in Queensland and really preferred them and know they are supposed to be easier to maintain - anyway if we find the ideal house with a pool and it is chemical - is it easy to switch i.e put new water in + salt instead of chemicals or is it more complex. Thanks,

Rebecca
Yes. Install a saltwater chlorinator. Costs about $900. You really should get a pool shop to install it as it's not straightforward. All you need then are a few bags of salt per year (about $5/bag). We did it & are very happy with the results. You do not have to change the water.