Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats the chances of being refused a visa?

Whats the chances of being refused a visa?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Whats the chances of being refused a visa?

Hi everyone, just need a little help and your advice. Our Case Officer has requested our bond AOS and for my husbands brother to go for his interview which he has on this Friday. What are the chances of us not being granted our visas, its just that we put our house on the market last week and had our first viewer last night and first thing this morning got a call from the estate agent saying they want the house and have offered the full asking price :scared:
Just a bit concerned in case we sell the house and we don t get granted the visas!!!
Its so scary!!! :scared:
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the chances of being refused a visa?

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi everyone, just need a little help and your advice. Our Case Officer has requested our bond AOS and for my husbands brother to go for his interview which he has on this Friday. What are the chances of us not being granted our visas, its just that we put our house on the market last week and had our first viewer last night and first thing this morning got a call from the estate agent saying they want the house and have offered the full asking price :scared:
Just a bit concerned in case we sell the house and we don t get granted the visas!!!
Its so scary!!! :scared:

Think you have nothing to worry about if it's gone this far
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Think you have nothing to worry about if it's gone this far
You know what that was just what i was hoping to hear

I so hope thats the case but it still won t stop me worring until i have those bloody visas!!!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:02 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

You know what that was just what i was hoping to hear

I so hope thats the case but it still won t stop me worring until i have those bloody visas!!!
There is another way to look at it too.....

Assume for a moment you do get refused. What would you do? There was probably a need to change your life in some way to make you want to emigrate, so maybe a house move here in the UK wouldn't be so bad. It would certainly give you something to occupy the mind, and you never know, the new UK location could just be amazing, and make you very happy.

There's always a silver lining That said, I would probably be feeling the same as you right now. I can't imagine DIMA going as far as interviews if they didn't rate you as a migrant.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:33 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
There is another way to look at it too.....

Assume for a moment you do get refused. What would you do? There was probably a need to change your life in some way to make you want to emigrate, so maybe a house move here in the UK wouldn't be so bad. It would certainly give you something to occupy the mind, and you never know, the new UK location could just be amazing, and make you very happy.

There's always a silver lining That said, I would probably be feeling the same as you right now. I can't imagine DIMA going as far as interviews if they didn't rate you as a migrant.
I agree. If we got refused (not that we have applied yet ) we do not want to stay where we are for many reasons.
I'm sure you will be fine anyway.
Good luck,
J x
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I agree. If we got refused (not that we have applied yet ) we do not want to stay where we are for many reasons.
I'm sure you will be fine anyway.
Good luck,
J x
I understand what you are both saying but i love where i am the area and my house would nt want to live anywhere else in UK has to be here our Australia.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:43 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are both saying but i love where i am the area and my house would nt want to live anywhere else in UK has to be here our Australia.
In that case, you should very seriously consider not accepting the offer till your visa arrives, or writing a pull out clause into the contract. I'm not saying you're not going to get your visa but hey, it ain't over til the fat lady sings
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:45 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

We were the same although we wanted to move from the UK if we didn't like it here and we had wanted to go back there was nowhere else we would have wanted to live apart from that house and that street. We rented our house out incase things didn't work out for us here.

It worked out great by the way been here 3 years and LOVE it.

LJJ
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:24 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Herrchook. I would seriously contemplate whether to sell if I felt as strongly as you do about your house and the area you live in.
As I said earlier, most people don't want to be where they are and that is why they want to go to Aus in the first place. What area are you from if you don't mind me asking. I understand if you would rather not answer
J x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I agree with Herrchook. I would seriously contemplate whether to sell if I felt as strongly as you do about your house and the area you live in.
As I said earlier, most people don't want to be where they are and that is why they want to go to Aus in the first place. What area are you from if you don't mind me asking. I understand if you would rather not answer
J x
The chances of us getting the visas is very very high i haven t heard of anyone being refused at this point. But as expected there is always that little voice in the back of your head saying "what if"
I just needed some reassurance from people.
Yes i love my house and where i live! But like alot of people on here we want an even better way of life or something on the same par. You only live once and i don t want to be sat here in 5 years time wishing i had tried it. I know that there is some people on here that still move to Australia even if they love their life and house here in the UK. Its an experience!!
I live in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria near Lakes District.