Reload this Page >

Living and working in Australia

Living and working in Australia

Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:05 pm
Colin Cooke

cookie69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Living and working in Australia

Hello,
I am in the process of trying to apply to move to Australia to live and work. I am 39yrs of age and single. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what steps I would have to take to do this?
I work for a very famous soft drinks business and was hoping that I could transfer my career to Australia and carry on with my career with them. I am a heavy goods driver (class 1) and have distant relatives living in Sydney.
If anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated?

Thanks

Colin
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working in Australia

Originally Posted by cookie69
Hello,
I am in the process of trying to apply to move to Australia to live and work. I am 39yrs of age and single. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what steps I would have to take to do this?
I work for a very famous soft drinks business and was hoping that I could transfer my career to Australia and carry on with my career with them. I am a heavy goods driver (class 1) and have distant relatives living in Sydney.

Thanks

Colin

Bob hope of getting in as class 1 driver! You'll need a trade that would usually invole an apprenticeship, or a career that would need a professional qualification to undertake. Or planning on marrying an Aussie.

So under take re-training, find someone wanting to marry someone so they can gain a visa, or forget the idea all together!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:55 pm
Colin Cooke

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Bob hope of getting in as class 1 driver! You'll need a trade that would usually invole an apprenticeship, or a career that would need a professional qualification to undertake. Or planning on marrying an Aussie.

So under take re-training, find someone wanting to marry someone so they can gain a visa, or forget the idea all together!

Thanks for the advice? Best get on with some training then?

Colin
Old Sep 15th 2006, 6:13 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice? Best get on with some training then?

Colin
The OP is probably not too far from the truth.

Because you work as a driver, I dont think that you would be able to go through your employer for a sponsorship. They would have to employ Ozzies first before asking you to move out.

You could try contacting a decent immigration agent and have a good chat with them about your chances.

Good luck & welcome to BE.

Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:45 pm
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Class 1 HGV means nothing in Oz you have to do a new test, practical and theory.
And there's loads of different lisences too!!

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:17 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

I know of an Employment Agency here in Bendigo, which is Central Victoria who have sponsored drivers over from Asia and were looking at the UK as another option. If you like, I am happy to give you their details so you can contact them yourself. Its not exactly close to Sydney, but it might be a way of getting here if you are that determined.

Obviously I cant promise anything, but its worth a try and see if there is anything at all they can do.

Let me know,

Hels
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:04 pm
Colin Cooke

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Hi Colin,

I know of an Employment Agency here in Bendigo, which is Central Victoria who have sponsored drivers over from Asia and were looking at the UK as another option. If you like, I am happy to give you their details so you can contact them yourself. Its not exactly close to Sydney, but it might be a way of getting here if you are that determined.

Obviously I cant promise anything, but its worth a try and see if there is anything at all they can do.

Let me know,

Hels
Hi Hels,
Sorry it's been a while I'm still trying to work out how to use this discussion forum. If you could give me there details it would be very much appreciated?

Thanks...Colin